finally made it!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: finally made it! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:01 am
    ----
1 year to the day of being unemployed I've finally been offered a job in the career switch I've been trying to accomplish for the last 2 1/2 years! I am finally a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator in Training on my 2nd week of employment. Only 21 miles from my home driving wide open 2 lane desert highway, no more 55 mile one way Interstate 5 traffic. If all goes as planned I should have my Grade 2 operator certification in 2 years.

With the certification and experience I can go anywhere and find a job with good pay and retirement and no longer be stuck in SoCal.
Not to metion , couldn't think of a better career for a Wild Sau than Wastewater Laughing

#2: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:15 am
    ----
Also forget to mention, the grade 5 operator there has a...1968 mercury cougar XR7 that he's in the process of restoring.

#3: Re: finally made it! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:45 pm
    ----
congrats on both

#4: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:54 pm
    ----
Congratulations, Richard. And wastewater is the nectar of the gods to Wild Saus, so you'll be in your element!

Getting out of CA will be a big plus, down the road. You won't be the first.

#5: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:36 am
    ----
Great news, Richard, very glad to hear it!

Still got the Cougar? Wink

#6: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:27 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

Still got the Cougar? Wink

Yep. Been weekend cruising it. Now that I have a coworker with one we can share resto tips. I probably would have suffered major depression if I sold it, just to have my coworker bring his to work. Laughing

#7: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 am
    ----
Most excellent. That would have really sucked had you sold it! All is right with the world now.

And yeah, what with what I'm hearing about the water problems out there, you're in a pretty secure field. Very happy it worked out!

#8: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:10 am
    ----
Now you need to schedule a "Cougar Cruise Night" and post flyers on buildings and telephone poles and such. A third guy with a Cougar might show up...or even better, a crowd of horny MILF's. Wink

#9: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:54 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
And yeah, what with what I'm hearing about the water problems out there, you're in a pretty secure field.

At this point in life, job security is a main goal along with a job I can take anywhere.

I do know there is a big push to re-use recycled Wastewater for things like golf courses, parks, lawns, cemeteries and yes even drinking water. I see what it looks like coming into the plant raw so it would take a major drunken dare for me to go that far. Laughing

The plant I work at sends its recycled effluent to Piute ponds a natural wetlands habitat on the South end of Edwards AFB, to an agricultural site in East Lancaster and to Apollo park which has fishing ponds and I think a 9 hole golf course. The left over solids are dewatered and sent to farms as fertilizer. I find the whole process pretty amazing.

#10: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:56 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Now you need to schedule a "Cougar Cruise Night" and post flyers on buildings and telephone poles and such. A third guy with a Cougar might show up...or even better, a crowd of horny MILF's. Wink

Or a crowd of horny "Cougars", I need a Sugar Mama. Laughing

#11: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:42 am
    ----
Congrats on the job Fr8tycat,good to hear that the plan is coming together for you

#12: Re: finally made it! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:35 am
    ----
Thanks Dan. Although it took a while, it's come together better than I expected.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum