Arsenalen
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 am
    ----
The main AFV museum in Sweden, it can’t compete with the major collections if you just count the sheer number of vehicles, but in term of quality and facilities is up to the best out there.
In many ways it reminds me of Munster Panzermuseum, just on a smaller scale.

The display, of course, focuses on Swedish vehicles, but it also include foreign designs, with some rare and unique pieces, like Renault NC 27 and Pz I ausf A.

Easy to reach from Stockholm, even with public transport, a small cafeteria and very friendly staff.
www.arsenalen.se/

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:44 am
    ----
It's hard to convey how impressive is this vehicle, especially its length!
With its 51 tons it's heavier than the bulky Swiss Panzerartilleriekanone 68.
It took two decades to fully develop it and only 26 were build (plus one prototype)

Akv 151 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#3: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:48 am
    ----
Hull layout is kind of like the Elefant, with final drive, then driver, engine and gun/auto-loader at the rear:

Akv 151 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#4: Re: Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:51 am
    ----
Hello Massimo,

were you able to see the Shermans at Arsenalen?
Can't wait to see what photos you got there.

thanks

Pierre-Olivier

#5: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:53 am
    ----
You mean the Firefly? Yes, it has an interesting story behind.
I've got a bunch of pictures showing the open engine compartment.

Massimo

#6: Re: Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:24 pm
    ----
I mean the M4A2 that is currently stored.. it's been a while I have not seen any picture of it.

P-O

#7: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:29 pm
    ----
No, sorry, the Director and the whole staff were very friendly, but it wasn't possible to visit the storage area.

Massimo

#8: Re: Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:05 pm
    ----
so.. let's see what you were able to photograph on the M4A4 Firefly

P-O

#9: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:51 am
    ----
Alvis Stalwart by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#10: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:51 am
    ----
BMP-1 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#11: Re: Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:36 pm
    ----
Hi Massimo
Any german vehicles in the museum ?

Walter

#12: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:38 pm
    ----
Yes, stay tuned

Massimo

#13: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:48 am
    ----
Bv 202 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#14: Re: Arsenalen Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:12 am
    ----
Great stuff - as usual, Massimo!

Keep 'em coming.....

#15: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:14 am
    ----
Bv 206 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

-> AFV News Discussion Board