Arsenalen
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#151: Re: Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:12 pm
    ----

Stefan,

please could you try to find the turret number from the museum's M4A2? It is either on the side below the pistol port, or on the top of the turret..

I'd also like to know if the dataplate is still inside the tank... I'd be very happy if it is still inside and if I could get a photo of it.

Pierre-Olivier

#152: Re: Arsenalen Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:13 pm
    ----
Ok, will take a look next time I visit the storage.

If you have the numbers, would it be possible to trace the history of the tanks?

Our Firefly must have been in a fight since there is many traces of shrapnel and/or cal 50 or 20 mm gun. The tank was bought from GB and in Sweden it was used for tests, but never as a target so the damage must have been from previous life. It would be great to trace parts of the history if possible.

Stefan

#153: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:28 pm
    ----
I already posted a link to an extensive set of pictures covering that Firefly. They are still available for download (it's a huge, 700 Mb file):
massimocorner.com/afv/...irefly.zip

Hope this may help somebody to track down additional info on this tank

Massimo

#154: Re: Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:43 pm
    ----
if we would like to know the combat history of tanks used by Great Britain, we would need to know the "T- numbers" painted on the sides. It would be good to see if the oldest photos you have of the Shermans in Sweden show these numbers. I'm afraid that we can(t do anything only with the American Serial Number.

Pierre-Olivier

#155: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:41 am
    ----
Volvo TL21 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#156: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:41 am
    ----
Volvo B12 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#157: Re: Arsenalen Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:08 am
    ----
Volvo B 12 "Per-Albin buss" - the most secret vehicle in the collection.
This bus was made after the invasion of Finland in 1939 - a mobile comminication central for the Swedish Government, to be able to leave Stockholm in case of invasion or bombing.

Most documents classified, so we have not found much about it.

If we compare it to "AirForce One" most people understand the importance it had in 1940.

#158: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:04 am
    ----
Volvo TPV by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#159: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:07 am
    ----
I finished uploading the pictures, the whole series, almost 300, is visible here:
www.flickr.com/photos/...628902666/

Massimo

#160: Re: Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:07 pm
    ----
Thanks for showing Massimo !
Did I missed the G-13 or is it in storage ?

Walter

#161: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:18 pm
    ----
It's an Hetzer, I posted it here:
www.com-central.net/in...c&start=30

Massimo

#162: Re: Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:34 pm
    ----
Yes saw the Hetzer ,but I thought they has also a G13
At least in the old museum

Walter

#163: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:40 pm
    ----
You are right! I just checked the PDF and saw M-78091 over there...
Yet another reason to come back for another visit Smile

Massimo

#164: Re: Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:00 pm
    ----
So you did not see it this time ?

#165: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:05 pm
    ----
No, it wasn't on display.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board