Arsenalen
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Arsenalen Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:02 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Doug_Kibbey
It reminds me of the Canadair Dynatrac. Is there any relationship between the designs or components, besides the general concept?

I don't know. I wasn't even aware of the Canadair Dynatrac before reading your post.

In recent years a similar concept has been implemented in Singapore with the Bronco All Terrain Tracked Carrier:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ed_Carrier

Among other things, this vehicles was adopted by the British Army, even if they used Swedish vehicles in the past (including a few that took part to the Falklands War in 1982).

Massimo

We had a thread on these types of carriers here back in '06. I had a lot of pics from my sales brochure on Dynatrac posted, but only for a while as they were huge and I took them down after a couple of weeks. Also had a good link to other tracked carriers posted.

#32: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 am
    ----
I am done with the Hagglunds's articulated vehicle. Here is one of the most interesting pieces in the collection:

Carden-Loyd Mk VI b by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#33: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:01 am
    ----
Centurion Mk 10 Strv 101 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#34: Re: Arsenalen Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:34 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Thanks for sharing your memories Rikard, including the spaghetti one Smile

I know for sure the Alpini (Italian mountain troops) have an high opinion of those Hägglunds vehicles.

Massimo

You're welcome! I must add two things, first the engine access hatch was inside the front compartment so a food explosion is a very nasty and messy affair Smile Second, I unfortunately already had my fly open ... gahhhhh.

#35: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:37 am
    ----
Dodge WC 63 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#36: Re: Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:38 am
    ----
I like the idea that the information pannels are stick on a piece of track !

Walter

#37: Re: Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:54 pm
    ----
- Walter

Walter

that's the same in Saumur..

#38: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 am
    ----
Four Wheel Drive Model B by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#39: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:44 am
    ----
- the_shadock
- Walter

that's the same in Saumur..

I believe Saumur was the first using this solution. It's quite trendy nowadays. It's the same in Full too.

Massimo

#40: Re: Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:33 pm
    ----
I never noticed it before on Saumur and Full pictures.

Massimo is the Volvo halftrack still in Arsenalen ?
I heard something about a move to another museum

Walter

#41: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:47 pm
    ----
I saw no Volvo halftrack on display, but I only saw the public display, I wasn't able to visit the storage area.

I suggest we wait until I'll post everything I saw (I have pictures of each and every vehicle on display), than we check our notes/PDFs and try to assemble a list of what we assume is on storage and send it to Mr Karlsson to double-check.

Massimo

#42: Re: Arsenalen Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 pm
    ----
Massimo, as always great pictures. It was really nice meeting you and it was too bad that we did not have the possibility to show you the storage. But on the other hand, if we had brought you to the storage I think your wife would have reported you missing :-). There is a lot to see and not much space so it is definitely not the perfect place for photos .

The Volvo Halftrack was on display until 1 1/2 year ago, when it was moved to another museum in south Sweden - the museum Miliseum that opened a year ago. It was replaced by the M 16 Halftrack (on loan from a private collection).

We have a plan to change parts of the exhibition every year, last year we had a temporary exhibition with different variants of the Volvo Laplander. This year it is amphibious vehicles and next year it will be something different.
Arsenalen is not only a museum it is also the Army Museum National storage for MV so there can be vehicles coming and going.

If you have any questions I will try my best to answer, but sometimes the days are not long enough so it can take some time and I might need a reminder.

Stefan Karlsson

#43: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:01 am
    ----
Thanks Stefan. I had a great time in Arsenalen.
Again, I think it would be better to compile all questions here, then we will send them to you.

Massimo

#44: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:02 am
    ----
Hetzer by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#45: Re: Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:50 am
    ----
Well at least the question about the Volvo halftrack is solved...thanks !

Walter

-> AFV News Discussion Board