Having Probs Updating Game
-> Rise of Flight

#1: Having Probs Updating Game Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:05 pm
    ----
-S-

I have just installed Rise of Flight I.C.E. and as I hit the play button..

I get a screen that says "10005:Please Update Your Game
Newer version available"

I hit the OK button and get vectored to the R.O.F web sit wit no info on how to update.

I am a member and left a message in the forums..

Anyone else have this problem..?

I am trying to play from a disc..

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#2: Re: Having Probs Updating Game Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 pm
    ----
S! Hammer,

when you start rof.exe, a launcher should appear, with an "Update" button on the bottom, second from left after "Start". Click on it.
The update window shows up, and you have to click again on the "Update" button, down left and second after "Start Game".
Now, in the left white filed, it shoud appear the "777 server": select it and for the third time click on the "Update" button.
If everything goes the right way, the app start downloading and installing the latest version.
This should make the trick.

Let me know if this works.

Ciao
Marco

#3: Re: Having Probs Updating Game Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:43 pm
    ----
-S-

Got the game updated..now just have to get the throttle on my stick working.

#4: Re: Having Probs Updating Game Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:22 pm
    ----
Hi Hammer,

at first me too, I thought I had problems with the throttle lever, but it's just a matter of changing the settings, as you'll find that the default ones may be wrong.

Also, pay attention that, if you fly an Eindecker - Fokker E.III - it has no throttle at all, so the lever on your stick has no effect. You take control over the plane through mixture and blip-switch.

Hope this helps.
Smile
Marco

#5: Re: Having Probs Updating Game Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:58 pm
    ----
-S-

Howdy Rodin..got my stick working and flew...
Want to get a Track IR5 for this...lol..

When do you want to hook up, I have TS3 installed..
For this upcomming week I should be home after 7:00 pm EST. Ont, Canada.
Or the weekend...whats good for you.
The game looks great..!!

#6: Re: Having Probs Updating Game Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:05 pm
    ----
S! Hammer,

good to know that everything in going the right way there.
Yes, a TrackIR thing may be a must, expecially when you're involved in a dogfight where half a dozen planes buzz around your nose.
RoF has an unofficial dedicated server, whose address is:
-> ts3.riseofflight.net:7777
I'll send you the pw by mp.

Cheers

Marco

-> Rise of Flight