National USMC Museum
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: National USMC Museum Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:41 pm
    ----
I went to the National USMC Museum 10-3-14. My second visit, took many photos. See them on brick6757, flickr site. Rick

#2: Re: National USMC Museum Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:42 pm
    ----
3 more.

#3: Re: National USMC Museum Author: RomainC PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:09 pm
    ----
I think the best museum I ever visited. I was told a year ago that the plan was to extend it.

There is also another guy (do not know his name) who was supposed to open a museum in DC-Maryland area within 5 years. This guy collected many equipment from the Marine Corps over the years.
He supplied the Marine Corps Museum with some of his own items.

Romain C

#4: Re: National USMC Museum Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:29 pm
    ----
Romain,
It is a great Museum! Everything is inside and plenty of room to expand. Let us know the guys name who may be starting a museum in DC area, and what town.
Just by chance is it Alan Cors? If so he's starting the NAWM (National American's in Wartime Museum) along Route 95 near the USMC Museum, but on the other side of the highway. Rick

#5: Re: National USMC Museum Author: RomainC PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:51 pm
    ----
Could be Alan Cors, do not recall the name at all.
He, for example, supplied the Marine Corps Museum with the radio you can see at the rear of the M4A3 on the Peleliu diorama. According to the guy who made the tour with me, this radio was in it's original package when it was supplied.

Romain C

PS: the Marine Corps was not issued with M4A3s on Peleliu, but M4A2s (diesel engine). The museum was unable to find the appropriate vehicle (All of them were cut off for scrap or dumped at sea after the war). So they took an M4A3 (available in large number from Army stocks) and painted it with 1st Tank Battalion markings on Peleliu.

-> AFV News Discussion Board