something is different, base
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: something is different, base Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:40 pm
    ----

version1.1 coming soon Smile

#2: Re: something is different, base Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:07 pm
    ----
Look eerily.....familiar. Laughing

#3: Re: something is different, base Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:23 pm
    ----
as promised, if interested

www.mediafire.com/down...y_V1.1.zip

just a couple of changes, two ways to go, either uninstall the original scenery folder and install and activate this, or take the scenery and texture folders from this down load and cut and paste into your present installation and let them overwrite the originals. enjoy

#4: Re: something is different, base Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:55 pm
    ----
I've downloaded it, but not installed just yet.

BTW, is there supposed to be a carrier (Ranger) in the Orcas I. area? I see it referenced in the folder, but ain't seein' one.

#5: Re: something is different, base Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:51 pm
    ----
FSX base airport KORS Orcas Island

plane crash
N48° 35.45' W122° 38.83'

JG300 secret airfield
N48° 43.49' W122° 42.03'

Floatplane dock

N48° 42.52' W122° 56.71'

improved bush airstrip and Stoopy's paint shop

N48° 42.66' W123° 1.09'

Campground

N48° 42.09' W123° 3.87'

CV-4 USS Ranger

N48° 55.19' W123° 4.39'

Ghost Plane ??????

Ghost Ship ??????

and not included but usable ( location might end up slightly different) is the
USS Mispillion Fleet Oiler AO-105 Orcas Island from Hovercontrol

#6: Re: something is different, base Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:57 pm
    ----
I found the floatplane dock nearby...and one island has a fairly complex runway/taxiway configuration but with several hangars and building but no vehicles or aircraft. Pretty barren. Didn't seem to have your "flair".

#7: Re: something is different, base Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:49 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
I found the floatplane dock nearby...and one island has a fairly complex runway/taxiway configuration but with several hangars and building but no vehicles or aircraft. Pretty barren. Didn't seem to have your "flair".

that's not it, it has a single runway, cabins, vehicles, a couple of aircraft (Including a P-38), and Stoopy's Moa Wink

#8: Re: something is different, base Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:04 am
    ----
I also found that the secret base had water for a floor. No hard surface to land on. I never did find the cabins. I did find most of the other things including the ghost ship. I didn't find the ghost plane. I have the Orbix scenery in the area and that does change some of it, but that base still sits over the harbor and the floor is soft.

#9: Re: something is different, base Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:00 am
    ----
That secret base was designed for earlier versions of FS, maybe not entirely compatible with FSX? My versions for FS9 had hard floors and I also put other macro aircraft, vehicles and stuff in it. It did have "fly through" walls, though, so no crash detection.

I think I saw a ghost ship once in the sim. It was fast moving and it's not always there. I don't know what the "trigger" is. Haven't seen the ghost plane.

#10: Re: something is different, base Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:48 am
    ----
the ghost ship is submerged in a fixed position. the ghost plane is a TBF (also sunken) to the left of the main Orcas runway, relatively close to the shoreline.

If you are talking about the base in mountain lake, for some reason best known to the person who designed the concrete slab scenery (not me by the way) didn't harden it, so all the items actually had to be positioned "floating" above the lake surface (real PIA, by the way)

#11: Re: something is different, base Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:00 pm
    ----
I don't know how to do it, but there is supposed to be a way to create a hardened surface so the floor of the base would be usable in FSX, That would make it usable as a base. Right know the only thing that I would be able to use it for would be an underground seaplane base. I didn't check to fuel square to see if it worked either. I remember the FS9 version of the scenery and it worked fine with the hardened areas. Most of the scenery works in FSX except the secret base. I did find the Ranger carrier.

#12: Re: something is different, base Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:25 pm
    ----
I found the "ghost ship" a week or so ago while investigating a dark rectangle in the water. As I do when getting a close look, I used a helicopter. There seemed to be four fixtures that sometimes protruded from the water but they'd disappear as I hovered in close.

#13: Re: something is different, base Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:52 pm
    ----
My ghost ship was a carrier shaped white area that had a landable surface. I too was using a helicopter. The crashed plane looked like a WW2 US Navy plane floating off the coast between field and the cargo ship off shore a ways.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum