U.K. to the rescue!
-> Officer's Club

#1: U.K. to the rescue! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:05 pm
    ----
home.bt.com/news/uk-ne...3942311444

Learn to fly a Spitfire like a World War II pilot

Chichester flight school says the chance to fly in a Battle of Britain plane will keep the iconic aircraft operational for years to come.

Would-be aviators will be able to emulate Battle of Britain pilots for the first time in 70 years - by taking flying lessons in World War Two Spitfires.

Boultbee Flight Academy has become the first flying school in the country to offer Spitfire flying lessons and flight packages. They will take place in the same skies where thousands of heroic RAF pilots fought in similar planes to protect Britain against the Luftwaffe.

From £2,750, aviation buffs can take to the sky in one of two reconditioned twin-seat Spitfire fighters - which were seen as the key aircraft in Britain's survival during the war.

Passengers can enjoy a 30- or 50-minute flight in one of the two planes, which are powered by Rolls-Royce Merlin engines and reach speeds of up to 400mph.

Matt Jones, managing director of Boultbee Flight Academy, said that flying in a Spitfire is the most exiciting aviation experience available.

"Flying in one of these iconic war birds is an exceptional experience that everyone should have the opportunity to try.

"Trust me when I say that it is the most emotional, historical and exhilarating experience available in aviation today, and we very much look forward to sharing the aircraft with everyone who comes to visit."

The flights, which take off from Goodwood Aerodrome in Chichester, West Sussex, are being hailed as a way of conserving the Vickers Supermarine Spitfires for years to come.

A 50-minute flight from Goodwood to the white cliffs of The Needles off the Isle of Wight will cost £4,750, while a package for two, including the chance to fly in formation, is priced at £10,000.

Tell 'em Shades sent you.

Pip pip!

#2: Re: U.K. to the rescue! Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:13 am
    ----
Shadeypoo ill tell em you sent me if your paying lol.

#3: Re: U.K. to the rescue! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:54 am
    ----
- Shades
http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/learn-to-fly-a-spitfire-like-a-world-war-ii-pilot-11363942311444

Tell 'em Shades sent you.

Pip pip!

I did and they said if The Skwirrel sent me, the price was doubled. Then they told me to eff off. Rolling Eyes

#4: Re: U.K. to the rescue! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:51 am
    ----
Philistines!

Razz

#5: Re: U.K. to the rescue! Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:09 pm
    ----
Gonna be some pretty happy people after going for those joyrides, ermmm I mean flights.

Wheels

-> Officer's Club