sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:45 am
    ----
The Famo in Romania will be taken care of finaly
Here you can follow the progress
www.facebook.com/pages...5462875578

Walter

#2: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 pm
    ----
Excellent. Long overdue. I've visited this one several times over the years.

#3: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:57 am
    ----
Hi Doug

Did you managed to get the chassis number when you was there ?
On the moment the number is not visable through multiple laayers of paint (and rust )

Walter

#4: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:29 pm
    ----
- Walter
Hi Doug

Did you managed to get the chassis number when you was there ?
On the moment the number is not visable through multiple laayers of paint (and rust )

Walter

I did not. Jim Webster might have recorded this. Failing that, you might contact the museum directly or register and post on this Romanian forum (the forum language is English). The first two sub forums have good places to ask. Fellow named "Dragos" seems to be the webmaster and he might know who to ask, he's pretty helpful.

www.worldwar2.ro/forum/

#5: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:58 am
    ----
This Dragos is also the guy from the facebook site
He told me that the number is not readable on the moment
But I hope that when they work on the vehicle it will become visable again

Walter

#6: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 pm
    ----
nice, hoping they will have more progress then the parola tank museum

they are to slow ..... in my opinion Mr. Green

#7: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:22 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

But the location is awesome!

#8: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:40 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

Send them a suitcase of money and they will prpbably go faster Smile

#9: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:43 am
    ----
I think that the most important problems are that :
-people don't have the time to look for serial numbers when they visit a large museum or collection, they are often there for few hours, sometimes for the day, and there are many things to do instead of looking for serial numbers
-people just don't know where too look at. For instance, I recently had an opportunity to look for serial numbers on vehicles like Humber armoured car, Dingo scout car and I just don't know where to look for them.

P-O

#10: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:53 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I think that the most important problems are that :
-people don't have the time to look for serial numbers when they visit a large museum or collection, they are often there for few hours, sometimes for the day, and there are many things to do instead of looking for serial numbers
-people just don't know where too look at. For instance, I recently had an opportunity to look for serial numbers on vehicles like Humber armoured car, Dingo scout car and I just don't know where to look for them.

P-O

I have a half finished iPhone app that lists items like locating the serial number.

Is it worth the effort of finishing it off?

#11: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: clausb PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:54 pm
    ----
....and museums tend not to like it if you start scraping and grinding on their exhibits..... Smile

#12: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:19 pm
    ----
well, maybe for other people, but I don't have any hardware that comes from Apple right now..

P-O

#13: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:39 am
    ----
What's an "iPhone"? Shocked

#14: Re: sdKfz 9 Famo in Romania Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:30 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
What's an "iPhone"? Shocked

It's what your kids say when you ask them for something! Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board