Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:51 pm
    ----
In the series "the 3 amigos" this time there was a visit to the new Nationaal Militair Museum located at the former airforce base Soesterberg.

The persons involved in this gathering Walter Schwabe, Tim Royall and myself.

It was the fisrt time for me to meet Tim and he's okay Mr. Green

The museum is a complete new building located along the run way and consists of various former militairy collections.
Because it's brand new and winter time, it still needs some time to finish.

Most of the items ara located inside, with some AFV's and a bunch of aircraft located outside.
Because of the rainy weather and we like AFV's we didn't take a look at the planes outside.

The collection inside looks very nice and holds about everything from swords and daggers up to the modern Leopard 2A6 tank.

There is enough space to walk around and take pictures, however part of the items are placed at rather dark spots.

There were some items finally taken from the storage rooms and put up for disply, like the V2 missile and the FT-17 tank.
However a large know section is still not displayed.

If I sorted out the photos I will put some here for display

#2: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: vw82 PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 pm
    ----
My friends and I are also planning on going this spring/summer.
We hope that all will be well finished by then.

Looking forward to your photos.

#3: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:03 pm
    ----
Yes, it was nice to meet Michel too! We had a great visit despite the wind and it's good to see such a major investment in a brand new military museum. The only downside was seeing so much of the equipment I used to serve on, with, or encounter now in a museum. A definite sign that I'm getting old Smile

#4: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:26 pm
    ----
Indeed a good meeting with some Amigo's
Here a first pic. of an unusual view of a Sherman

#5: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:37 pm
    ----
The famous " Tank Whisperer " in action.

#6: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:45 pm
    ----
Some more photos

This Sherman looks much like the one located at the Militairy musuem at Delft, however the markings have been changed

This one udes to be at the Cavalry Museum Amersfoort

Finally moved out of the storage Mr. Green

#7: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:51 pm
    ----
24cm breech loader for coastal defence

I tried to find the serial number plate on the inside .... however it is missing Twisted Evil

#8: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:05 am
    ----
Great news. Thanks

Massimo

#9: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 pm
    ----
M4 High Speed tractor

#10: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 pm
    ----
YP-408

#11: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:24 pm
    ----
AMX

#12: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: earlymb PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:34 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Some more photos

This Sherman looks much like the one located at the Militairy musuem at Delft, however the markings have been changed

It is the same Sherman. While the old paint was being stripped these markings were found and were replicated after the new paint went on. The 'freshly used'-appearance of the tracks was created by hooking it to a recovery Leopard and do a few a few laps around the Harskamp training area.

#13: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:46 pm
    ----
- earlymb
It is the same Sherman. While the old paint was being stripped these markings were found and were replicated after the new paint went on. The 'freshly used'-appearance of the tracks was created by hooking it to a recovery Leopard and do a few a few laps around the Harskamp training area.

thanks for the confirmation

#14: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:48 pm
    ----
2 tank nuts discussing if they wil both fit inside a Renault FT17

#15: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:50 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
2 tank nuts discussing if they wil both fit inside a Renault FT17

Did they managed to answer that question? Laughing

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board