Sunday February 15th Flight
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: Sunday February 15th Flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:50 pm
    ----
As mentioned last Sunday, for this trip I recommend downloading and installing the ORBX Freeware West Wind. It contains three fields, two of which we will be visiting.

We will depart from 7WA3 and head north into Canada. After a short while we turn northeast, get back into Washington State and navigate through the mountains. Some waypoints are Helipads, let's check if we can find them.

After some valley-flying we'll land at 3W5, Concrete Municipal, an ORBX Payware airport. After a short stop we continue to WA56, Israel's Farm (another Payware airport) and stop there as well.

Finally we leave that small field to get to our destination, 4WA8, part of the West Wind Freeware package for a full stop landing.

The trip has a length of about 155 NM, so any GA airplane of your choice can be taken, it should be able to land at rather short fields.

As always, the flight can be made without the payware fields without any problems.

See you all Sunday!

#2: Re: Sunday February 15th Flight Author: jeff3163Location: KBLI PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:16 am
    ----
Thanks. We made it to the BBQ.

Last edited by jeff3163 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Sunday February 15th Flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:29 am
    ----
and with some spectacular views:

#4: Re: Sunday February 15th Flight Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:04 am
    ----
After the flight yesterday, I switched to a helicopter and flew the flight again with stops at the fire lookout towers. I actually decided to fly to at least 8 or 9 of them in the region. All had a small wooden platform for helicopters to land to take supplies and personnel to the tower or post. I only had trouble with one that the platform didn't have a hard surface to land on. The image of the platform was there, but the skids of the helicopter passed right through it. It was the closest one to WA12. It was one of the last ones before the final destination of the flight. Fled or Gunter, if you have contact with the Orbix people, they might want to know for the next update for the area. All in all the sites were great for someone like me who likes to fly the Mix Masters. Great flights.

#5: Re: Sunday February 15th Flight Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 am
    ----
I went back to find out which of the helipads didn't have the hard surface and it is XTFH Three Fingers Fire Tower helipad. I'm going to post it in the Orbix forum too.

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights