Checking in.
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Checking in. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:14 am
    ----
Hey guys, thought I'd check in.

The new job's going good. Last month was my 6 month probation (they were a little late) and tested for advancement to Assistant Treatment plant Operator which I passed. 100% medical and pension now paid for by them plus an 18% raise. July I will get my Wastewater treatment plant operator's certification through the State and will get another 11% raise. Love the job and everyone I work with easy going and helpfull in the learning process. Also have an opportunity to get a side gig that will possibly pay 1k a month for abouth 15 hours of work...you guessed it, Cougar money.

Onto the Cougar, glad I didn't let Stoopy talk me into selling it Wink Since I last talked to you guys I've replaced the plug wires, dist. cap, water pump, harmonic balancer, belts, hoses & radiator (not intentional, slammed it with a socket wrench). Also for now removed the AC. Would like to get it going in the future but it's last on the list and gives me so much more room in the engine compartment. I drive it to work at least twice a week or just for a spin down the road. At this point the only mechanical thing left is the rear leaf springs and after that body and paint.

Last but not least, the TT600. Took it out for a ride with the Lead from work on some fire trails about 7 weeks ago. Was the first lengthy off road run I've made with it since restoring it, or on any dirt bike in 20 years. Was a great ride up until I took a spill and cracked 2 ribs. Just now getting over it and find that as you get older it hurts a lot more and takes longer to heal Smile

Hope everyone is doing alright.

#2: Re: Checking in. Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:57 pm
    ----
good to hear you're doing fine ! Will be a nice summer coming up......

#3: Re: Checking in. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:37 pm
    ----
Good to hear from you, Richard. As you probably know, there is a good facebook site or two for Cougars. I've looked in on occasion to see what folks are up to these days.

Cougars are a tough project. Modest interest, survivors and even fewer parts. Kind of like Torinos, which is why I don't have either. Sad

#4: Re: Checking in. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:03 pm
    ----
Dude! Sorry to hear about the spill, the ribs will heal BUT DID YOU BEND OR BREAK ANYTHING ON THE BIKE???!!!!!! Mr. Green

On a serious note, don't mean to make light of your injury. Surely, years from now you'll look back on it an laugh. At least just for a second, until the pain from the old rib injuries makes you catch your breath and stop laughing Mr. Green Oops sorry there I go making light of your pain again... Wink

It is extremely good to hear that the new job is working out so well. Hate to say it but with the water shortage, reclamation is a pretty critical job, sounds like you found the right thing at the perfect time. Xtra Sweetness on the side gig.

Cougars, Torinos....hell man any of that stuff is good, it's all dwindling away. Just don't let Chip Foose ever get ahold of yours.... not that you need to be reminded of that. I saw your other post about a Cougar on "OverHaulin'" and although the video says it is no longer available, it doesn't take much to imagine what Foose did to it....some two-tone paint job and huge ghetto rims, big stereo and late model crate motor I'm sure. Yawn. Glad to hear you are having fun turning your own wrenches and driver her!

#5: Re: Checking in. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:03 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Good to hear from you, Richard. As you probably know, there is a good facebook site or two for Cougars.

Yep. Was doing a search online and came across them. Looking at all the perty Cougars on those sites keeps me going. West Coast Classic Cougars is a god send for Cougar owners. Lots of repro stuff plus they list used stuff and usually give an honest description and opinion on both. Back when I first got the Cougar everyone was saying go to the Mustangs site, which a couple times I did just to be disappointed. Under the hood they are the same, some interior parts are the same and exterior think it's just the side view mirrors and maybe the door handles. Otherwise the Cougars wheel base is 3" longer than the Mustang so the rear leaf springs and some of the front end parts are different.

- JG300-Stoopy
Dude! Sorry to hear about the spill, the ribs will heal BUT DID YOU BEND OR BREAK ANYTHING ON THE BIKE???!!!!!!

YES! Scratched that new front fender and broke the zip tie holding the break light switch to the frame. Oh well, adds character to the bike. A 1985 motorcycle can't look new forever, even after being restored. Laughing

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum