Hunnicutt reprints
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:17 pm
    ----
Looks like reprints of: Stuart, Sherman and Half-Track

It's not Presidio Press, they come from a different publisher:
www.echopointbooks.com/our-titles/

I just ordered "Stuart", since it was the only one I was still missing.
I'll let you know once I'll get it

Massimo

#2: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:35 pm
    ----
... ordered them too directly from amazon.

Sherman

Stuart

#3: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:34 am
    ----
I got the Soft cover Sherman book. It's a nice addition to my references. For $74 (shipping included) price is a lot better than several hundred dollars! I would presume the Authors dependents would get a percent of the sale. Next I'll get the Stuart book. Also, I bought direct from the publisher, packaged in cardboard, it got here in 4 days. Rick

#4: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:12 am
    ----
Let us know how these compare to the original editions as far as paper and image quality. I am planning to get these as well.

#5: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:23 am
    ----
I ordered mine from Amazon too:
www.amazon.com/R.P.-Hu...001KJ3PNY/

Massimo

#6: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:47 am
    ----
The new soft cover prints aren't 100% like the originals. I have Abrams, Bradley, and Sheridan original hardbacks. These are hard bound, glossy paper and I bought them used for several hundred dollars. The Sherman book is soft cover, flat pages (verses glossy) but the photos and drawings are acceptable as for an inexpensive alternative. The books are printed and bound in the USA, and published by Echo Point Books and Media, Brattleboro, Vermont. www.EchoPointBooks.com . I hope to see a review of the hardbound version. If it is Glossy paper then it should equal the quality of the originals, but costs around 100 USD verses the 74 USD I paid for it.

Last edited by Rick_Eshleman on Sat May 09, 2015 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: junglejim65 PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:16 am
    ----
Bit of a review/summary on Missing Lynx:
www.network54.com/Foru...k+today...

Jim

#8: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:45 pm
    ----
Hello folks, I have a question, has this photo been used in a publication. When Fort Knox went outta business I copied a lot of CDs and 2 of the CDs were Hunnicutt photos, around 5000 photos. If these haven't been seen I will start posting some of them, but if they are already out there, I won't go to the trouble. Did he do any books on German vehicles?

#9: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:14 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
Did he do any books on German vehicles?

To the best of my knowledge, he did not. However his stacks in the Davis Library included numerous volumes on German/Russian/other vehicles against which U.S. vehicles might reasonably have been pitted. Contemporary studies on which our designs were based or designed to defeat.

I'd love to see some of the images you have. Perhaps you can post on your photo storage and provide us with links to them?

#10: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:20 am
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
The new soft cover prints aren't 100% like the originals. I have Abrams, Bradley, and Sheridan original hardbacks. These are hard bound, glossy paper and I bought them used for several hundred dollars. The Sherman book is soft cover, flat pages (verses glossy) but the photos and drawings are acceptable as for an inexpensive alternative. The books are printed and bound in the USA, and published by Echo Point Books and Media, Brattleboro, Vermont. www.EchoPointBooks.com . I hope to see a review of the hardbound version. If it is Glossy paper then it should equal the quality of the originals, but costs around 100 USD verses the 74 USD I paid for it.

I have some seven of the ten(?) originals and one hardcover/boxed reprint of Sherman from a few years ago. My impression of the Sherman reprint is as was stated on the Missing Links page review (not glossy, but flatter, slightly less definition in text and pics, but well worth the price I paid vs. a good original copy. Original "Stuarts" are astronomical these days and I've declined a couple of offers from friends because I wasn't prepared to pay what I knew them to be worth.

#11: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:56 pm
    ----
Hello Roger,

among the Hunnicutt photos you have, are there any that show Sherman tanks? I'd be curious to see them.

thanks in advance

Pierre-Olivier

#12: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:55 pm
    ----
I just ordered "Stuart" through the publisher again and used: EPBUYER coupon for 10% off. $66.94 (with shipping) and I hope like the Sherman softcover it arrives in 4-5 days. www.echopointbooks.com. Let you know how it goes. Rick

I just got the Stuart book today. It only took 5 business days to ship, very pleased with it. Next, soft cover of Halftrack book, will probably wait until June or July until I order it.

#13: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:34 pm
    ----
"Patton" reprint comes out on Friday.

#14: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:55 pm
    ----
are there any digital reprints, in PDF or something?

P-O

#15: Re: Hunnicutt reprints Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:52 pm
    ----
P-O,
Echo point books publishes a hardbound copy, or soft cover copy of the books. Maybe later they will "go digital", but for now, no. Rick

-> AFV News Discussion Board