Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Sweden
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Sweden Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:59 pm
    ----
During this weekend two convoys of trucks from Cz Army left Sweden with some guns and vehicles that was part of an exchange between MHI in Prague and SFHM in Stockholm.

The gift from Sweden was:

From the Swedish Tank Museum, Arsenalen
Sav m/43
APC Pbv 301
APC Skp m/42
Volvo Raptgb 915
Volvo Pvpjtgb 9031
Snow track Bv 202
Hägglunds Motorcycle MC 258
Swedish Pz 38T turret

From The Swedish Artillery Museum
AA gun 8 cm SKODA M19 (1922)
AA gun 7cm, BOFORS, m/37A (1941)
AA gun 40mm, BOFORS, m/36 (1943)
AA gun 105mm, BOFORS, m/42 (1945)
Naval AA gun 40mm, BOFORS
15cm, BOFORS, m/38 (1940)

From Army Museum AA Collection Halmstad
AA gun 8cm, SKODA M19

A 21 cm, SKODA M42 will be collected later this year

The gift from Lesany was:
Soviet 122 mm gun M 31/37 for the Artillery Museum

OT-810, OT-62, GAZ 71, GAZ 69 and HMMWV M 1151A1 for Arsenalen

Some pictures at Arsenalen Facebook site:
www.facebook.com/arsen...e_internal

#2: Re: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Sweden Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 pm
    ----
I'm quite surprised by some of the vehicles. I mean, the Sav, Pbv, Pz 38 turret and Skoda guns are obvious. As well as the Bofors guns as they were widely used by Allied (and Axis) forces, but the rest is pretty random. Thx for the list anyway Smile

edit: just been looking at the history of bv 202 and it was in the service of CSLA in the 60s and 70s, who would have thought... Smile

#3: Re: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Sweden Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:36 am
    ----
Smile

#4: Re: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Sweden Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:47 am
    ----
Good news. Thanks for keeping us updated

Massimo

#5: Re: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Swe Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 am
    ----
I do not think the Sav or the Pbv is on any list of preserved vehicles.
They have been kept in storage for many years and there are more vehicles hidden in different storages.
In Sweden at least still 15 Pbv 301 and 7 Sav in different condition in museums or military garrison collections. I am trying to keep a record of all remaining AFV's in Sweden.

I will try to find out which OT-810 that went to Sweden. But I can tell you that this vehicle will be kept as an original OT and not converted into "251 look a like"

Some of the received vehicles will be put on display later on this year, but not all due to lack of space.

In the future we hope that we will be able to raise enough money for a new hall next to the museum where we can store part of the collection that is now hidden for the public.

#6: Re: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Swe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 am
    ----
- Stefan_Karlsson

I will try to find out which OT-810 that went to Sweden. But I can tell you that this vehicle will be kept as an original OT and not converted into "251 look a like".

- Stefan_Karlsson
In the future we hope that we will be able to raise enough money for a new hall next to the museum where we can store part of the collection that is now hidden for the public.

That would give me a great excuse to come and visit you again Laughing

#7: Re: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Swe Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:55 am
    ----
OT-810.Depozit muzeum Lešany.

#8: Re: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Swe Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:05 am
    ----
A few pictures from the arrival to Lesany

www.vhu.cz/klenoty-v-lesanech/

Stefan Karlsson

#9: Re: Vehicle and Gun exchange Czech Museum in Lesany and Swe Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:34 pm
    ----
Hi Stefan

That's great news! I just visited Arsenalen last weekend. Great that your tanks aren't pushed too close together, so the pics turned out nice.

Bo told me that there are a lot of other tanks in storage. Is there somewhen a special open day planned?

Greetings from Switzerland
Chris

-> AFV News Discussion Board