VFW Post 3720 - Swartz Creek, MI - M47 Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: VFW Post 3720 - Swartz Creek, MI - M47 Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:24 pm
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve added a gallery of photos M47 SN 5401 on display at VFW Post 3720, Swartz Creek, MI. The AFV registry lists a possible M60A3 at the same location, but there was only the M47. I have no idea how Alf Adams discerned the SN on this tank - he must’ve used an electron microscope as all I could make out was the numeral 5!

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...4/n-gBGxLV

#2: Re: VFW Post 3720 - Swartz Creek, MI - M47 Gallery Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:52 am
    ----
I took some pictures of that tank as well a couple summers ago. It's a rather odd shade of lime green. You must have been in the Flint area, I see you also got pictures of the M7 in Davidson. Did you get out to the M551 in New Lothrop?

#3: Re: VFW Post 3720 - Swartz Creek, MI - M47 Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:00 am
    ----
Hi Walter,

We were transiting through MI and grabbed a few new to us locations. We didn't make it to the New Lathrop M551 as it was a bit too far off of the route. The locations we hit were all pretty close to I-69.

-> AFV News Discussion Board