Mystery tank
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Mystery tank Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:12 pm
    ----
Anyone know anything about this?

#2: Re: Mystery tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:44 pm
    ----
Jim,
Patton by RP Hunnicutt page 264. "Model of the DIVAD system proposed by the General Electric Company armed with the 30mm GAU-8A cannon". Rick

I don't remember ever seeing an actual full size vehicle (GE) at Aberdeen when the DIVADs were tested there, only the Ford model.

#3: Re: Mystery tank Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:32 am
    ----
Seems to lack a fire control system worthy of the name. Maybe they're using The Force?

#4: Re: Mystery tank Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:25 am
    ----
If you look carefully, you'll see the fire control radar behind the right-hand turret hatch. According to Hunnicutt, the radar was initially based on the existing VADS, as was the FCS, but a different more advanced radar would later be substituted

#5: Re: Mystery tank Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:12 pm
    ----
I wonder how long its ammo supply would have lasted!

#6: Re: Mystery tank Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:54 pm
    ----
- Costas_TT
If you look carefully, you'll see the fire control radar behind the right-hand turret hatch. According to Hunnicutt, the radar was initially based on the existing VADS, as was the FCS, but a different more advanced radar would later be substituted

You're right, I thought that was the hatch (cover)! I need to review my own Hunnicutt.... Rolling Eyes

-> AFV News Discussion Board