My last roll of ISO 400 film
-> Officer's Club

#1: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:17 pm
    ----
Tidying up my loft I just found the last roll of 'analogue' film I ever shot.
Taken near Cambridge, U.K. at Th Duxford Flying Legends airshow, circa 2000(ish).

These are all scanned from prints which aged rather poorly I'm afraid.
Nevertheless, I thought there's one or two of you who might still be interested in seeing 'em:-

Skwizz's 'Cane

The rest did not survive the Summer heat in my loft (attic).

#2: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:30 pm
    ----
thanks treerat, all the beautiful birds

#3: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:46 pm
    ----
What's it mean ISO 400 "film"? Can't you wipe that off of the lens? Smile

#4: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:04 am
    ----
Gorgeous pix!!!!

Everyone knows I am NOT a Spitfire guy, I have to hate 'em, but that white one with the red stripe...DAYUM that is a fine lookin' bird!!!

And that Bücker Jungmeister is pretty sweet too!

Way to go !!!!

#5: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:04 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
What's it mean ISO 400 "film"? Can't you wipe that off of the lens? Smile

I think it's some sort of tree rat birth control Razz

#6: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:43 pm
    ----
I never heard of anyone not liking Spit's.
They're like the tops of Les Pauls to me.
I can just sit and stare at 'em all day.
The curves! Oh, the curves!

#7: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 pm
    ----
- Shades

It's a tongue-in-cheek JG300 thing. Spits (and Tempests) in CFS3 were notorious for their "generous" flight modeling (easy and unrealistic handling) and therefore the choice of almost every other squadron. Some of the U.S. models had similar reputations....but the bf109s were challenging (some might even say deliberately handicapped) and it was a point of pride to compete with a known disadvantage (We had group witnessed squad tryouts to include takeoffs and landings and a number of competent combat maneuver applicants couldn't make the grade simply landing the 109.

Hey, they didn't call them "SpitPests" for nothing! Razz

#8: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

It's a tongue-in-cheek JG300 thing. Spits (and Tempests) in CFS3 were notorious for their "generous" flight modeling (easy and unrealistic handling) and therefore the choice of almost every other squadron. Some of the U.S. models had similar reputations....but the bf109s were challenging (some might even say deliberately handicapped) and it was a point of pride to compete with a known disadvantage (We had group witnessed squad tryouts to include takeoffs and landings and a number of competent combat maneuver applicants couldn't make the grade simply landing the 109.

'Zactly. As ranking members we're more or less duty-bound to hold them in disdain. Publicly of course. Wink

#9: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:55 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

'Zactly. As ranking members we're more or less duty-bound to hold them in disdain. Publicly of course. Wink

Well, once you start overlooking their short duration, point defense fighter characteristics, you are well on the road to admiring it's effeminate wings and snooty Rolls Royce engine (it took Packard to sort THAT out). Smile That's a very slippery slope that will soon have you looking for nice things to say about British cuisine and drinking pissy beer. We are NOT going down that road! Wink

(But that Lysander and Scot DeHav have some nice features!)

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:08 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Gorgeous pix!!!!

Everyone knows I am NOT a Spitfire guy, I have to hate 'em, but that white one with the red stripe...DAYUM that is a fine lookin' bird!!!

And that Bücker Jungmeister is pretty sweet too!

Way to go !!!!

C'mon, you just like it because it's got that whole "Ramchargers" vibe workin' for it....

#11: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:19 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

C'mon, you just like it because it's got that whole "Ramchargers" vibe workin' for it....

Quite possibly very true! And, Man, if those things'd been powered by a Keith Black Hemi engine instead of the Englishy Rolls Royce "motor", woulda been a helluva bird!!!

Ooo! Ooo! You just gave me an idea for a new paint scheme...might need to get me that RealAir Spit for FSX.... Laughing

#12: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:43 am
    ----
Lol.
Of course.
I shoulda realised.

{ 8-]

#13: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:38 pm
    ----
somebody mention pinks???

Twisted Evil

before you ask, google "Pond Racer"

#14: Re: My last roll of ISO 400 film Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:20 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- Shades

Shoot Even Galland wanted Spitfires!

-> Officer's Club