FireFox Ad Blocker
-> Hardware

#1: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:41 pm
    ----
Found this handy dandy little tool for Mozzila FireFox that actually blocks those annoying adds from showing up Laughing . Get it here:

addons.mozilla.org/ext...&id=10

Enjoy!

#2: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:25 am
    ----
Thanks Homy!! I got it...:wink:

For web masters, there's an add-on called "Web Developer" for FireFox that you should check out. This add-on does so much and has so many features that listing all of them would be tough, but a few I use are image paths, image sizes, directory trees, view source and view CSS. Not to mention Spell Check...lol

Anyhow, if you're not using FireFox as your main browser, those are but 2 of the hundreds of extensions that allows you customization of your browser...:D

#3: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:23 am
    ----
I've been using that tool for months... greatest extension ever created.

It does take up some time to build a database, but once it's built, it's perfect.

#4: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: [sbf]ttf PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 pm
    ----
There is a way to do it manually by typing "about:config" in the url of firefox and tweaking variables in there (for advanced users) ... i have been using this method for quite a while ... in addition here is some info about from about a year ago forums.da-shiz.net/ind...29&hl=

as far as the special editors and development tools well ... if youre an old salt to alternative browsers you may know that mozilla contains a comprehensive development kit but it has a considerably larger footprint than firefox thus many people choose to use the latter. I use firefox at home and mozilla at work for that reason ... it allows me to edit and modify webtools on the fly without having to open up a dedicated editor for CSS, HTML, PHP etc.

#5: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:35 am
    ----
Tree? Is that you?.

Yep, I use FireFox 99% of the time and yes, I have the Mozilla suit installed as well. For FF, there is another add on that I use called "web developer". This add on is a must if you're a web master Wink

With all the different extentions, tabbed browsing, skins, and add-ons in FF, it's an easy choice for me, but there are times when IE is the only thing that will display a site correctly or make use of a particular function. I have a javascript that I put on a page for doing file size conversions that wil work in IE but not FF...hmm..still working on the script as this is quite handy for posting in the download section when it asks for file size in bytes.

The "about:config" in the URL tip works great and that was a 'bug work-around" in Linux's (Ubuntu and Kbuntu) version of FF. You had to manually edit the version number to get the updates on the FF site as the site would lock you out if it showed an older version than 1.1 (?? If I remember right..lol).

#6: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: [sbf]ttf PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:35 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Tree? Is that you?.

Yup Smile

#7: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:11 am
    ----
Cool

Shadow_Bshwackr wrote:
Tree? Is that you?.

Yup Smile

ttf = Tree Top Flyer !!!
Welcome back to Com-Central !!

how are ya ?
that is years ago since I've seen ya,
it's good to see ya,
hope all goes well at your end !!

fled

#8: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:27 am
    ----
No Kidding!?

Dang, Tree Top Flyer, nice to meet you - again. Don't know if you recall, but we've dog-fought before, long ago when CFS3 was fresh. Always enjoyed being in a room with you!!!!

Finally, I can buy you a beer!!!!!

#9: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: [sbf]ttf PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:21 pm
    ----
thanks for the warm welcome (back?) fellas ... its been a while. What seems to be the flight sim of choice currently?

#10: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:27 pm
    ----
Hey TTF good to see ya bud, we are currently flying PF and FS2004

#11: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: [sbf]ttf PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:19 pm
    ----
i guess i gotta dig up PF then huh?

#12: Re: FireFox Ad Blocker Author: IMS_JoseCuervoLocation: NEW YORK,PARIS,LONDON,FADETTE PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:42 am
    ----
Rod Serling lives....i was asking someone on HL the other night if they knew what happened to TTF....lol

-> Hardware