S~ on a World Class Landing
-> Officer's Club

#1: S~ on a World Class Landing Author: IMS_JoseCuervoLocation: NEW YORK,PARIS,LONDON,FADETTE PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:24 pm
    ----
The skipper of an Airbus A 320 for Jet Blue just made a textbook landing with a nosegear locked SIDEWAYS!!! Cudos to him!

#2: Re: S~ on a World Class Landing Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:31 pm
    ----
Thats Guy is gunna get the paycheck only some of us will be able to dream of.... ~S~ to him

#3: Re: S~ on a World Class Landing Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:18 pm
    ----
Just saw it....right down the runway centerline. Case o'beer for that one!

#4: Re: S~ on a World Class Landing Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:21 pm
    ----
- IMS_JoseCuervo
The skipper of an Airbus A 320 for Jet Blue just made a textbook landing with a nosegear locked SIDEWAYS!!! Cudos to him!

definitely nailed the landing...i tried to find a video of it, cause i saw it on the news, all i could find were these pictures though

but if you get a chance to see it on the news, it's exactly how you'd expect it to be, with them keeping the nose off the ground as long as possible

hehe and like stoop said....right on the centerline

awesome

the arcticle is here:
www.canada.com/nationa...11b72d5998

#5: Re: S~ on a World Class Landing Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:35 pm
    ----
I was watching as it happened, and I had been flying that same plane, the Airbus A320 earlier today for Transload. That landing was one of the best I've ever seen. He kept that nose up as long as he could and just eased it down on the runway. Cool landing, and KUDO'S for the Flight crew. Razz

#6: Re: S~ on a World Class Landing Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:24 am
    ----
Shocked

msn.telegraaf.nl/binne...uitenland/

click the link with this piccie
on the page posted above

Alltough the comments are in dutch it shows the landing

Great effort by the pilots !! Chapeau !!

fled

#7: Re: S~ on a World Class Landing Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:04 am
    ----
English version from overhead News Chopper (although not much to hear anyway)

#8: Re: S~ on a World Class Landing Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:15 am
    ----
Yup that sure was awesome! Cheers to the pilot and crew!

I thought it was pretty neat how the passengers were able to watch all the same coverage as us until the flight crew shut off the in flight TV's about 1/2 hour before landing. Kudos to them too!

-> Officer's Club