Updated Us register
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Updated Us register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:20 pm
    ----
Hi All

Work on the new register is almost done, just two more states to be checked.
Then Neil has to give the OK, and I hope to publish it by the end of this month.
After five years a new edition was really needed, and no it's not going to be like the Research Squad Tiger Book, end of the month is end of this month.

Michel

#2: Re: Updated Us register Author: 1meandad PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:31 pm
    ----
Awesome news. Thanks for the update.

#3: Re: Updated Us register Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:01 pm
    ----
Where could I submit additions?

#4: Re: Updated Us register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:43 am
    ----
Silvio

My suggestion is to wait with additions until the new register has been published. For now my focus is on completing the document, additions and corrections, and surely there will be some, is for later.

Michel

#5: Re: Updated Us register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:48 am
    ----
thanks for the great work. I wondered/worried about you lately, no news for a while.

P-O

#6: Re: Updated Us register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:11 pm
    ----
Hi P-O

No worries needed, still alive and kicking. Last year was a bit hectic, six months on a advanced course, felt like 18 again.
And then there was the register, 8 months working on it now Confused

Michel

#7: Re: Updated Us register Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:05 am
    ----
I don't have the info right now, but I know the ser. no. listed on the old register for the M4A3 in Blanchester, Oh is incorrect.

Mike Haines

#8: Re: Updated Us register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:39 pm
    ----
Mike

did a quick check, in the old register it was 12081, in the new 12084.

Michel

#9: Re: Updated Us register Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:30 pm
    ----
Michel,
Thanks for your work updating the AFV Registers. A valuable reference! Rick

#10: Re: Updated Us register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:12 pm
    ----
I will do some updates about Sherman serials, because I know that some of them are incorrect.

P-O

#11: Re: Updated Us register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:09 pm
    ----
Good news
The register is done, a 324 pages document.
It's now in the hands of Neil and P-O for a last check, then the needed corrections will be added and it will be online by the end of the month. Razz

Michel

#12: Re: Updated Us register Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:12 pm
    ----
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!! I have a list of additions for you when you are at that stage. Here are some of them.
www.com-central.net/in...ic&t=17525

#13: Re: Updated Us register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:19 pm
    ----
Those are allready in the new register, I think everything what has written (exept those I've missed Wink ) here, is in the new register.

P-O has already pointed out some corrections (done them), so the pressure is now on Neil Laughing .

Michel

#14: Re: Updated Us register Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:30 pm
    ----
Do howitzer displays qualify to be on the register?

#15: Re: Updated Us register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:15 pm
    ----
Self propelled yes, towed no.
michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board