Post cards from the Ordnance and Patton Musuem
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Post cards from the Ordnance and Patton Musuem Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:54 pm
    ----
I have been looking on Epay and have seen a bunch of postcards like this come up.

www.ebay.com/itm/16-26...SwzhVWqTtw

www.ebay.com/itm/N-Pat...SwX~dWs1Qe

www.ebay.com/itm/Fort-...Swo3pWcbif

www.ebay.com/itm/MD-Ab...SwG-1WuToA

Did the museums contract these out to be sold at the museum gift shops? I was looking for historic photos of the P/O museums to use in my articles and these keep coming up, but if they are copyrighted I can not use them. Does anyone know who the printer is? I googled the name on the back to no avail. Or did the P/O musuem just buy to copyright to them.

Thanks.

#2: Re: Post cards from the Ordnance and Patton Musuem Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:15 pm
    ----
On the back of the postcards!
williamsburg.kspot.org...miller.htm

#3: Re: Post cards from the Ordnance and Patton Musuem Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:24 pm
    ----
I noticed it but when I googled him I could not find anything, thanks.

#4: Re: Post cards from the Ordnance and Patton Musuem Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:33 pm
    ----
Isn't it the case that if the museum was a US Military one (like APG) then photos it commissioned are in the public domain (at least in the US)?

Wikipedia

#5: Re: Post cards from the Ordnance and Patton Musuem Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:35 pm
    ----
I do not know if they are commissioned though, that is the problem. I might beable to ask the curator of the Patton Museum.

#6: Re: Post cards from the Ordnance and Patton Musuem Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:55 am
    ----
Post cards here in the US are usually done by civilian photographers, so at one time they could have been copyrighted. I have no idea how long the copyright last. Just another item the museums and PX sells.

#7: Re: Post cards from the Ordnance and Patton Musuem Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:26 am
    ----
75 years after the photographer dies :/. One of them died in 1998. However, if it was a commission there might be hope as the musuem would own the copyright which would be public domain in the case of the Patton/Ordnance museums.

-> AFV News Discussion Board