Picture quest, help needed
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Picture quest, help needed Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:47 pm
    ----
Hi

We, thats Neil and me, are searching for a new frontpage picture for the register.
The picture should represent a meaningfull piece of American armor history.
Any suggestions?

Michel

#2: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:50 pm
    ----
Any M1 Abrams display photos? It stands out, very popular, lots of use, rare when on display.

#3: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:19 pm
    ----
Personaly I think, a bit to modern, but if a nice picture is available it could be considered.
That's another point, the picture should be copyright free, or permission granted to be used. There are lots of members here who contributed to the cause, so there should be a picture there we could use, its just a case of finding it.

Michel

#4: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:27 pm
    ----
M60s are to plentiful I think. I have a picture of a M163 vulan, PM me your email address so I can send you photos for the register at Tobyhanna.

#5: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:46 pm
    ----
Speaking of the US register, there's an M41 Walker Bulldog at the veteran's nursing home in Barboursville, WV. It can be seen in the fourth picture on their website. I could get some pictures of it for you if necessary. Are you looking for a static vehicle for the register picture, or would running monuments be ok?

#6: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 pm
    ----
I would be more than glad to help, but my pictures all come from Europe. I have a bunch of Shermans, but, again, they are located outside the USA.

I suggest you look at Vagabond's website, he and his wife have plenty of high quality pictures from the USA.

Massimo

#7: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:57 pm
    ----
Hi Massimo

I've been going thru vagabonds vast collection of pictures, but there are so many pictures I can't pick one.

Michel

#8: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:02 pm
    ----
Hi Chris

Thanks for the update, we can put it in the register before publishing.

I prefer a static vehicle for the register.

Michel

#9: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:12 am
    ----
Hi Guys,

Thanks for thinking of us!! Give us some parameters and we can make some suggestions.

I was thinking that the M4 Sherman is pretty iconic for US AFVs - but I admit a bias.

I wish I had a good shot of the genuine "Cobra King," but by the time we photographed CK, it was in pieces - maybe Dontos has a good photo of CK, but he's been missing from this site for awhile.

If you guys vote for an M4 (or whatever) we can choose some candidates from our collection and submit them via this post.

Cheers,
VB

#10: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:05 am
    ----
How about one of these?

I looked through our stuff and chose photos of outdoor exhibits with some decent skies and vehicles in fairly good shape cosmetically.

Thoughts?

#11: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:53 am
    ----
Hi Paul

Personaly I like the third one ( CWS-POA-H5 Sherman I believe) or the M26 Pershing.
A thing to keep in mind is the picture needs a nutral background, not to much other things.

Michel

#12: Re: Picture quest, help needed Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:57 pm
    ----
Pershing get my vote

-> AFV News Discussion Board