Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:41 pm
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve added a gallery of images from the Camp Atterbury Museum and the nearby AFV displays. Not only were the AFV displays of interest, but the museum building does a great job of informing visitors of the rich and varied history of the camp, including its time as a POW facility. Of particular interest are the iconic “Atterbury Rock” - carved in 1942 by Italian POWs and the “Chapel in the Meadow” - also built in 1942 by POWs.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...IN/n-XwMm2

#2: Re: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:30 am
    ----
Another former Italian M47. Cool Smile

Massimo

#3: Re: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:03 am
    ----
How can you tell?

#4: Re: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:27 am
    ----
M47's that were in Italian service will have a plate like this on the rear of the tank.

#5: Re: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:11 am
    ----
That poor M38A1 Sad

#6: Re: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:53 am
    ----
The Italian POW part is most interesting:

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-.../i-M4LBWC6

#7: Re: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:17 am
    ----
That plate tell about a major revision that was performed by an Italian factory

Massimo

#8: Re: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:06 pm
    ----
I 'combed over' those A1E8's so much when I was building my 1/16 RC Sherman, seeing since it's just South of us. My Father In-Laws brick is at the fountain and we visit there quite often too.

The M1 is a recent addition to the displays... maybe 4 years ago? The history and stories about it are good and we still hear range practice once in a while PLUS Blackhawks flying over the neighborhood.

Nice photos.

#9: Re: Camp Atterbury, IN - Gallery Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:25 pm
    ----
More information on ORMeC here:

Location Category 5340: Officina Riparazione Mezzi Corazzati (ORMeC), Bologna

-> AFV News Discussion Board