Kublinka note
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Kublinka note Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:11 pm
    ----
Another short note, might want to go to Kubinka now also, they are putting in nice 2" (50mm) diameter railings with Plexiglas just at camera level in the foreign vehicle shed (Building 6). Maybe when the money shows up they will do the other buildings.
Its still one of the great armor museums, much better than the US seems to be able to do, with all the studies and millions we want to spend on them.

#2: Re: Kublinka note Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:56 pm
    ----
That's terrible news!! We had hoped to get there and photograph the museum, but I'm not going to be able to just fly on over at the moment.

I had also heard that the big Russian Air Museum at Monino was closing and some of the exhibits were to be moved to Kubinka for a new museum complex. A few of the larger airframes are to be scrapped.

#3: Re: Kublinka note Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:32 am
    ----
It's was made few years ago.
And it's only one way for stopping trespassers. Sad but true.

#4: Re: Kublinka note Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:31 pm
    ----
Still one of the top armor museums in the world...a great one

#5: Re: Kublinka note Author: klahtinen PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 am
    ----
I asked Roman Alymov about this and he answered:

"It is not plexiglas but good tempered glass, fully transparent, and low enough to photograph everything one might need for tourist purposes. Also walkway was raised few inches up providing better view.

See photo here rostbiker.hotmailru.us...121296.jpg"

-> AFV News Discussion Board