Public Service Announcement....
-> Officer's Club

#1: Public Service Announcement.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:47 pm
    ----
I say, Chaps....whatever temptations might lure you, I urge you resolutely not to expose yourselves (that goes double for Shades) to a simply horrid bit of wretched rubbish that goes by the title "Mosquito Squadron"-1969. With plot, music and footage nicked from any number of films, I deigned to watch this British (oh, the surprise) filth that shamelessly rips off "633 Squadron" in both plot and tone. (Special exception is made for the screen presence of Suzanne Neve, who's eyes are more blue than Paul Newman's). I sat through the entire 86 minutes of tripe and barely managed not to chuck my bubble-and-squeak into my pint of stout. I've only just recovered enough to transmit this urgent warning on the wire to all the lads who've not inadvertently been subjected to this particular abuse.

Apart from a short bit of genuine footage of real Mossies pitching Barnes Wallis's "Upkeep" bombs and a merciful minimum of model footage (four genuine airworthy Mossies are generously featured, none of which are with us today in flying form) there is, well,little to recommend this piece of celluloid shite (extra-special exception made for one of Charles Gray's typical poofy performances). Unless you're drinking to excess and have a good fast forward capability, I recommend you just not subject yourselves to the experience.

You have been warned!

Cheerio!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukodcpf3F5A

#2: Re: Public Service Announcement.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:18 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
...Unless you're drinking to excess...

I was taking it seriously (or at least was on the fence) until this part. Clearly a gauntlet has been thrown down. Although I will forego the Stargazey Pie and take my Ale from the fridge. Mr. Green

#3: Re: Public Service Announcement.... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:41 am
    ----
I'm in.

#4: Re: Public Service Announcement.... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:48 am
    ----
That there is B-Movie gold, mate.
Starring David McCallum (The other man from Uncle)?
What more could you want to titillate yer popcorn?

Amused to note at the beginning "United Artists - An MGM company".
Never seen that before.
Ironic as UA was initially set up by artists who felt Sam Goldwyn was treating them particularly unfairly.

-> Officer's Club