Sites that are closing
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Sites that are closing Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:03 am
    ----
242 Squadron forums, the home of HSFX, closed down its site recently.

- Prof @ 242 Squadron
Yes, we have decided to shut down the 242 Web site and move to Facebook as a "Facebook Group". Were paying for the web site and as far as we can tell, we get the same functionality from Facebook and it's free.

I will post the exact date the Web Site will be shut down and the "Facebook Group" name as soon as I know. But it will happen very soon. Smile

Source: www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/...php?t=4263

It has already shut down and the Facebook page is a closed group.

Warbirds of Prey will be closing it's doors.
- RAF238thWildWillie @ Warbirds o Prey
Dear Fellow Virtual Sim Pilots:

I want to inform everyone that Warbirds of Prey will be closing down our servers on Saturday May 21st 2016. Our servers have lasted longer than most and I must thank all of you for that. If it wasn't for the dedicated mission designers, Administrators and most of all the quality of the virtual pilots flying on our servers we would not have lasted 5 years let alone 10+ years.

Over the last few years the number of virtual pilots flying with us has dwindled significantly and so have our donations. We no longer have the resources to continue running the servers.

I also want to give a big "Thank You" to all of our staff from the past until now who have made these servers the best public IL2 Servers ever!!!.

I will always cherish the memories of our "Bomber nights" and special missions that our map designers have put together for us.

I wish everyone well and hope you have enjoyed playing on the Warbirds of Prey servers as much as I have.

Thank you all,

RAF238thWildWillie

Source: www.warbirdsofprey.org...ic=13920.0

The website is only going to be up until the end of June 2016.
ATTN: All Pilots IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Due to lack of interest & Donations to help keep WoP up & running.
Warbirds of Prey will be closing it's doors in the next couple of months.
The website will stay up until the end of June. Sad

Thank you for your Support

Source: www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php

Wheels

#2: Re: Sites that are closing Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:59 am
    ----
Noooo! Not Warbirds of Prey!

Shedding a tear. I had a lot of fun in the past flying on their Hellcats vs. Zekes server. Loved any maps that had SBD's and carrier ops in them.

But the times they are a-changin', I guess. Sadly no word on when, if ever, the current dev team behind IL2 will ever do a Pacific or European theater again. They's stuck in Stalingrad and Moscow, and it seems debatable if they'll even get to the Med.

Thanks for the heads-up Wheels.

#3: Re: Sites that are closing Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:53 pm
    ----
OUCH! Sorry to see this information... Sad

#4: Re: Sites that are closing Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:58 am
    ----
Different era.

If it don't fit on a phone, nobody wants it anymore.
My phone's still a phone, occasionally a camera.
I use my gaming spec'd rig to run Excel, Word, and my business accounts.
lol

Shame to hear all these great facilities disappearing though, along with the members we held (hold) in such high regard for so long.

#5: Re: Sites that are closing Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:05 pm
    ----
Imo the problem was that in the end there are just too many mods without any cohesive direction for the sim. People just want to play and not have to spend hours or even days trying to figure out how to make things work. What we have now are several small pockets of players running their own version of the sim and if you want to join them you have to adapt your version to theirs or make another version to play.

Wheels

#6: Re: Sites that are closing Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:02 pm
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
Imo the problem was that in the end there are just too many mods without any cohesive direction for the sim. People just want to play and not have to spend hours or even days trying to figure out how to make things work. What we have now are several small pockets of players running their own version of the sim and if you want to join them you have to adapt your version to theirs or make another version to play.

Wheels

Having Cliffs of Dover with the Team Fusion mods on my system, I agree!

#7: Re: Sites that are closing Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:38 pm
    ----
any of you guys play IL2 fb 1946 RC4 3.0. I lost all my games when my computer got infected with the ransom virus. I have win 10 and can't get my Gold Pack.
Rudder

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters