More IDing from Space....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: More IDing from Space.... Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:33 pm
    ----
As part of checking out locations for the GPS & Map updates, I took a look at the Muscatatuck Urban Training Center in Butlerville, IN on Google satellite view and instead of the register listed T-72, I found what looks like a Sherman to me. Since there has been some “IDing from above” recently on the forum, I post the coordinates here and open the floor for discussion: 39.051027, -85.527440. The base is fascinating!

#2: Re: More IDing from Space.... Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:23 pm
    ----
I will get on it later, thanks for the lead.

#3: Re: More IDing from Space.... Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:10 pm
    ----
I will say its a Sherman. It definitely looks like a rounded hull and a long barreled gun so I am going to say it is a M4A1 (76).

#4: Re: More IDing from Space.... Author: Jstar PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:26 am
    ----
Found this on the Sherman..M4A1E8 (76)

thestatehousefile.com/...1_edit.jpg

and the T-72:

There are two photos of it being deliver in December of 2010

commons.wikimedia.org/...Center.jpg

Maybe here :

www.google.com/maps/pl...d-85.52744

Was looking into trying to get down there this summer, see if I could see it.

#5: Re: More IDing from Space.... Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:34 pm
    ----
Thanks guys!

Thanks for the info and good spotting, JStar! I'll add it to my files.

Let us know if you can gain access and make sure you get photos, of course!

Cheers,
VB

-> AFV News Discussion Board