Chicago area AFV museum reviews
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Chicago area AFV museum reviews Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:27 pm
    ----
Last weekend I was in the Chicago area and had a chance to visit the First Division Museum at Cantigny and also the Russell Military Museum. They are very different types of museums but both have a number of interesting tanks and afvs on display. I have posted reviews of both museums with a large number of photographs. (I'm not as good a photographer as some of the regulars here, but hopefully these photo galleries give people a good idea of what is at these locations.) click the links to read the reviews.

Review: Russell Military Museum

Review: First Division Museum at Cantigny Park

#2: Re: Chicago area AFV museum reviews Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:44 am
    ----
Hi Walter,

Great job on the reviews and photos too!

We've started bringing pepper spray to clean the kids off the AFVs for the photo shoots - KIDDING! We actually hit them with tasers.....

#3: Re: Chicago area AFV museum reviews Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:38 am
    ----
well, I intend to visit Cantigny and Russell on September 18, 2016. How much time is necessary to properly visit each museum?

thanks

Pierre-Olivier

#4: Re: Chicago area AFV museum reviews Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:33 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
well, I intend to visit Cantigny and Russell on September 18, 2016. How much time is necessary to properly visit each museum?

thanks

Pierre-Olivier

It depends on how much time you want to spend taking pictures I suppose. If you are lucky, you might run into the owner at the Russell Museum. He really likes Sherman tanks so I am sure the two of you would have plenty to talk about. I spent more time at Russell than I did Cantigny, but that was also because I was with other people at Cantigny, at Russell I was by myself and could take my time.

#5: Re: Chicago area AFV museum reviews Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:54 pm
    ----
- vagabond

We've started bringing pepper spray to clean the kids off the AFVs for the photo shoots - KIDDING! We actually hit them with tasers.....

Thats a good idea. I could use that for when kids duck under the red tape and "KEEP OUT SIGN" to give themselves a self guide tour of the carriers Rolling Eyes

#6: Re: Chicago area AFV museum reviews Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:08 am
    ----
You are doing well with the camera Walter. Keep up the good job.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board