Operating Sys on Flash Drive?
-> Software

#1: Operating Sys on Flash Drive? Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:04 am
    ----
My daughter bought her 2 kids each a Leveno Flex 3 laptop for Christmas and sent them to me to set up for them. Kinda disapointing little laptops. 11 inch screen, 1.6 Celeron proceesor, 2 gigs of ram and only 27 gig hard drive. Windows 10 and Leveno programs only left about 15 gigs of hard drive left which after installing the IMO proggies that are needed to maintain the puter...ie AVG, Malwarebytes, Smart Defrag and a few more there is only 5 gigs left and the dang thing slowed way down Confused . I would like to know if possible to install proggies on Flash Drive or SD card and what it takes to make that happen if at all. There is no DVD or CD drive. You can not add ram as what is installed is soldiered to MB and no slots. Specs here:

shop.lenovo.com/us/en/...flex-3-11/

I can buy a 1 TB flash drive for about $12 if this is possible. I know the 2 gig of ram is going to kill things but they will have to live with it.

-> Software