PhotoBucket
-> Officer's Club

#1: PhotoBucket Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:58 pm
    ----
Doesn't seem to have been noticed here yet but PhotoBucket recently changed their Terms of Service. I have seen some posts here at Com-Central that already have had their images broken because of the recent changes though. Now it will cost you $400.00 dollars ($399.99 actually...) a year to be able to link to images to forums using their services. If you want to keep an old account showing the images you linked you will need to pony up the money, I am not recommending this option in any way, since nothing is being grandfathered. Several threads @ M4T and UBI have already been rendered next to useless because of these changes.

Last revised June 28, 2017

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits
  • Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
  • Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
  • Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
  • Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).
    • Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
      • Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.
      • Plus 100 Plan: 50 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.
      • Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.
    • Additional Features of all Plus Accounts : When you upgrade to any Plus Account, you will also receive:
      • Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. Email our PLUS Support Team
      • No Ads: When you're logged into your Plus account, you won't see any ads on Photobucket pages (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus Accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements).

Source: http://photobucket.com/terms

Photobucket Just Broke Billions of Photos Across the Web: https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/

Wheels

#2: Re: PhotoBucket Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:06 pm
    ----
LOL
The definition of the height of optimism?
Anyone still use it?

#3: Re: PhotoBucket Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:41 am
    ----
There is at least one current user who had a Photobucket signature image affected by this change in terms. and it's not me.

Wheels

#4: Re: PhotoBucket Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:54 am
    ----
Thanks for the heads-up, wheels!

Yeah I see that one of our own swines is impacted by this - none other than Ascout's avatar! We can work around that.

I have a small photobucket subscription (cheapest available other than free), and thousands of images in my account, but no way would I go for this new rate. So far, I don't see any issues but haven't looked far.

Shades I definitely agree with your assessment, juuuuuussst a tad optimistic aren't they?!!!

#5: Re: PhotoBucket Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:02 pm
    ----
Wow, this is hosing things up ALL over the place.

The Fender forum I hang out at, vintage amp section, has lots of very helpful close-ups of handwired vintage tube circuits and such, now unviewable.

Many great threads over at the OfffsetGuitars forum with some very toothsome guitars on display, many pics lost.

Tons of others but those are hitting home for me.

Photobucket isn't making many friends with this approach.

#6: Re: PhotoBucket Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:25 am
    ----
The esteemed tree rat may want to check his signature pic. Wink

If the account is still live, meaning you have not deleted the account in frustration or anger, you can download the albums instead of each individual picture.
  • Login to your account
  • Open one of your albums
  • On the right hand side there should be a list of Actions
  • Find the "Download Album" action
  • Click on it and it will make you jump through hoops to prove you ARE NOT a robot.
  • Play their game and answer the questions.
  • Click the download button
  • WAIT for them to give you a link to download the album. DO NOT logout and use the email link. It NEVER works.
  • Open the zip file and see how many images were lost, hopefully none.
Even though I can't right click and save the images there is also an option to Download each image individually. You will also need to download each sub-album individually since PB will not combine them.

Gifs and Videos must be downloaded individually also.

Wheels

-> Officer's Club