Photobucket 3rd party hosting
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Photobucket 3rd party hosting Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:54 pm
    ----
Greetings everyone,
By now some of you may have noticed that many images hosted on Photobucket are no longer appearing. They have apparently gone to a paid service (no legacy free accounts have 3rd party hosting, such as mine) after years of a different policy. An explanation is offered at the Photobucket.com website, but basically, they want a fee for this since July 6, 2017.

This means that all previously posted images hosted there will not appear unless one subscribes. Users will need to make their own decisions about what service to use moving forward.

Speaking of which, should present PB users choose to look elsewhere, what are some recommended free photo hosting services that offer 3rd party hosting at no charge?

Sorry to have to report this development.

#2: Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:21 pm
    ----
Doug, I use flickr for now, but they may follow suit in the future.
I was using flickr pro a few years ago, but dropped it due to them charging a fee to host my photos. When they offered free hosting, I started to use it again. Good luck finding a photo host, and let us know how they work out. Regards, Rick

#3: Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting Author: earlymb PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:23 am
    ----
I use postimage.org, but as with all free photo hosting sites you have no guarantee they won't pull the plug someday or follow Photobucket's lead.

Another option is to upload pics onto the forum host via the 'Add an Attachment' under the message field, but these are usually restricted in size. I don't know if that's the case here or what the size limit is.

#4: Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:46 am
    ----
The albums aren't lost to you it's just that PhotoBucket changed their Terms of Service regarding 3rd party linking of the images. I started a thread about it in the "Officer's Club" forum a few days ago.
PhotoBucket: www.com-central.net/in...mp;t=17962

I also posted about how you can recover your albums if you want them.
Downloading your albums: www.com-central.net/in...273#128273

Wheels

#5: Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:53 pm
    ----
I gave that a try, after 25 minutes I had nothing but a lot of ads...they can have my pics......they suck

Thanks for the info, the attempt just didn't work for me.....

#6: Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:39 pm
    ----
I'm with AJ2,

Photobucket lost me when I have to fight through all their adds downloading. I unfortunately have satellite for internet service so it's slow. I'm just going to go to a paid service when I get the time. Smug Mug that Vagabond uses seems very good for the price.

#7: Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 am
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
The albums aren't lost to you it's just that PhotoBucket changed their Terms of Service regarding 3rd party linking of the images. I started a thread about it in the "Officer's Club" forum a few days ago.
PhotoBucket: www.com-central.net/in...mp;t=17962

I also posted about how you can recover your albums if you want them.
Downloading your albums: www.com-central.net/in...273#128273

Wheels

What he said. I had no difficulty accessing my album, but 3rd party hosting is gone. FWIW, a quick review on Google regarding this will reveal one of the greatest customer alienation goofs in history, including among many paying customers. The real grief is for those folks who had auction and other sales pending who had linked pics of whatever they were selling. Those folks got hosed and essentially, as many comments state, feel blackmailed to force an urgent need to subscribe. The way this was implemented with nothing resembling adequate warning is what most of the MANY critics are outraged about. I cannot disagree with that.

#8: Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 pm
    ----
Damn...all my stuff on is Photobucket. I long since gave up on that 'account' but everything I've ever posted, is still there.

Admittedly, it is a tangled mess, but its all there. wish I had been more organized back in the day...LOL!!

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board