Dunkirk (the movie)
-> Officer's Club

#1: Dunkirk (the movie) Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:36 pm
    ----
Went to go see it with my son yesterday and all I can say is, go see this movie now while it's in the theaters! VERY well done!

The air combat segments are just excellent too. Lots of great action with Spits, '109's, He111's and Stukas.

Highly recommended!

#2: Re: Dunkirk (the movie) Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:35 am
    ----
can you tell the difference between the CGI and the live action air combat scenes?

#3: Re: Dunkirk (the movie) Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:14 am
    ----
- bsmart
can you tell the difference between the CGI and the live action air combat scenes?

...or what Bob is asking, no 25g turns? Laughing

#4: Re: Dunkirk (the movie) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 am
    ----
I have I-max tickets being booked for me.
Don't tell me how it ends.

Wink

(*snicker)

I live by the River Thames, upstream from London.
Some of the "small ships" survive today and some of those are identified by historical plaques.
Unfortunately, the Govt. does not value them.
They are old and finally starting to fall into disrepair.
In many cases it's not worth their owners keeping them so they're being allowed to vanish.
One by one.
I find it quite emotional just to find one, let alone to see its' future written into the hull.
Most of them have a 'static' mooring now and every so often, another mooring falls empty.
Incredible that we're just looking the other way from such remarkably historical beasts.

The worst part is knowing that in fifty years someone's going to start finding bits of one and restore it for a hundred times what it would cost to keep it in good order now.

Sad

#5: Re: Dunkirk (the movie) Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:47 pm
    ----
- Shades
I have I-max tickets being booked for me.
Don't tell me how it ends.

Wink

(*snicker)

The worst part is knowing that in fifty years someone's going to start finding bits of one and restore it for a hundred times what it would cost to keep it in good order now.

Sad

Similar to Don Crowehursts "Teignmouth Electron", rotting into sticks and worse on Cayman Brac. Not a heroic past, but significant one, if dark.

#6: Re: Dunkirk (the movie) Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 pm
    ----
- bsmart

I could not. The air combat sequences were simply breathtaking. I was tilting my head just as I do when I'm flying in a sim. The most compelling work and realism I've seen yet. See it in the theaters while you can!

I'd say more and give one single critique but don't wanna spoil it for Shades. Cool

#7: Re: Dunkirk (the movie) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:38 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
"All facts go to clearly prove that Shades is a thrice-cursed traitor & mentally deranged person steeped in inveterate enmity toward mankind"

HEY!!!

Razz

-> Officer's Club