Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: vmmv1Location: virginia PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:38 pm
    ----
NMAW.org and VMMV.org We are having our annual Tank fest in Nokesville, Virginia Sept 23,24

#2: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:20 am
    ----
Is the program the same on both days or is it worth sticking around for both?

#3: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:10 am
    ----
I stayed both days last year for the first time, and while the large features were the same (e.g., the USMC historical company exhibition), they did drive a few different machines around on Sunday. Will you be going, Walt? Smile

#4: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: vmmv1Location: virginia PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:43 pm
    ----
for the most part the schedule is the same, few things differ depending on participants,

#5: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:51 am
    ----
- Chris_C
I stayed both days last year for the first time, and while the large features were the same (e.g., the USMC historical company exhibition), they did drive a few different machines around on Sunday. Will you be going, Walt? Smile

I am seriously considering it. It's a good bit of driving for me (10 hours), but it would be the first chance I have had to see WWII era vehicles actually in motion rather than on static display.

#6: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm
    ----
It's a worthwhile event. Unless something comes up, I should be there Saturday.

#7: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 am
    ----
I will probably aim for Saturday as well. I will need to come up with a distinctive piece of clothing to wear so people can recognize me.

#8: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:46 pm
    ----
T&AFVN t-shirt? Wink

#9: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 am
    ----
- Chris_C

I'll probably just wear something obviously connecting me to Michigan. Perhaps a bright red Detroit Redwings shirt or hoodie.

#10: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 am
    ----
- Walter_Sobchak
Perhaps a bright red Detroit Redwings shirt or hoodie.
Sounds like a plan. I'll be sure to wear something Penguins related.

Edit: Tanks can bring the world together. Wink

#11: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:54 am
    ----
- Chris_C
- Walter_Sobchak
Perhaps a bright red Detroit Redwings shirt or hoodie.
Sounds like a plan. I'll be sure to wear something Penguins related.

Edit: Tanks can bring the world together. Wink

I was too lazy to go buy a Redwings shirt. Look for the guy wearing a blue cap that says "LST 393 Muskegon MI". I am about 5 ft 8 in, with a beer gut and beard, mid 40's in age. I will probably be lugging around a video camera and tripod. Weather reports say it will be warm, so cargo shorts and a tshirt. my email is tanksonthebrain @ gmail.com.

#12: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:03 pm
    ----
NMAW, VMMV Tank Farm program was once again a very good program. This year had a USMC LAV-25A2 8x8 armored car, may trucks, jeeps, and Hummers, and the usual tank displays. Photos: www.flickr.com/photos/brick6757

#13: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:07 pm
    ----
Great seeing you again Rick and meeting Walter! Glad you made it to Carlisle on the way back. My only disappointment of the weekend was that I didn't realize the LAV was going to leave early; we started a loop around the field and I was going to get a close look at it before we left, but by the time we made it back there it was gone. Sad

#14: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:19 pm
    ----
Great seeing you there again Chris! Sorry to say I didn't get to meet Walter. The LAV-25A2 was from the USMC at Quantico, VA. Good I photographed it early, didn't know it would be gone so quick.

#15: Re: Tank Farm open house Sept 23,24 Author: vmmv1Location: virginia PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:58 pm
    ----
I wish the LAV was from Quantico, it came from AP hill, he had 1 1/2 hour drive, that is why he left a little early. M

-> AFV News Discussion Board