YouTube
-> Officer's Club

#1: YouTube Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:28 am
    ----
If you haven't logged into your YouTube account recently you may be blocked until you rest the password. I hadn't logged into my account in about a year and even though I was using the correct password Google decided it was not going to allow me to login.

- Google
Someone has your password

Hi,
Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account.

Details:
Friday, September 29, 2017 10:35 AM (PT)
(Location), USA*

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:

The Google Accounts team

*The location is approximate and determined by the IP address it was coming from.

It was a bit of an inconvenience but at least I didn't lose the account because of my own inactivity.

Wheels

#2: Re: YouTube Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:19 pm
    ----
Make sure to set up alternate emails and or a phone number on your Google/YouTube account if you don't want to lose the account. To allow multiple emails for account recovery purposes they will REQUIRE you to associate the Google/YouTube account to a gmail account. This gmail situation I am describing only applies to older accounts that were created before Google acquired YouTube. Any new Google/YouTube accounts that you create will require you to give them a cell number AND create a gmail account during the registration process.

I can tell you from personal experience that their account recovery process is a nightmare when it won't accept your password and keeps you locked out even after giving you account recovery numbers. There is no "live" service by phone or email if you have problems recovering the account. The only solution they offer when their automated recovery process fails is for you to start a new account. I spent just over a week fighting through their automated account recovery process before I recovered my account for a second time because they in their ultimate wisdom had decided I was not authorized to access the account and I needed to be protected from myself.

- Google
Sign-in attempt was blocked

Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account. Google blocked them, but you should check what happened.

To recap, in less than 90 days I have been blocked by Google from accessing my account twice even though I was using the correct password and login ID.

Wheels

#3: Re: YouTube Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:48 am
    ----
At least you won't know about the increase in Ad' traffic yet.
Silver linings.

-> Officer's Club