20 years..!!
-> 401RCAF Public Forum

#1: 20 years..!! Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:10 pm
    ----
-S-

Its been 20 years since the 401st formed, 1998..!!.
I was 39 turning 40 and now I am 60 turning 61..its hard to believe.

When I started on CFS 1 , we had to message each other until "Rodger Wilco" came out and allowed us to talk to each other in air combat..what a change.

Been off line for a couple of years and gust got a new computer ..a I7-8700K cpu, a monster 1080 FTW video card that is VR and tri-monitor plug and play ready, a 500 gig SSD and quite the step up from my first 455mz cpu, 16 gig video card and a 20 gig 7200 rpm hard drive. That was the CFS 1 rig.

Wonder what the next 20 years is going to bring...

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

P.S. any of you guys form the 401st still here..?

#2: Re: 20 years..!! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:42 pm
    ----
Hey Hammer how are you doing buddy? It's hard to believe it has been 20 years since we formed the 401st. Some good times that I miss very much, working our way up from the bottom to kicking the big boy's butts lol. The zone and all the squad matches and flying with RCAF and Shadow and Euro and HF and UHU and we cannot forget 6 Group. The nights on the zone messing with newby squads and of course the base parties where we would land, drink beer and shoot the s***. All great memories of CFS, but we also moved over to 6 Group and then to FB which was also a blast. I will never forget the missions we would do with 6 Group and we were always the rogue squad and hearing Wonky over comms " Oh s*** it's 401RCAF" lol. I wish I had a dollar for every fighter and bomber I shot down in those days.

#3: Re: 20 years..!! Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:33 pm
    ----
-S-

How you doing Hitman..!! Hope everything is going good. Cripes I got drunk on some of the missions...lol...but it was new and a fun. Ever hear from any of the boys..? Its been a long time.

#4: Re: 20 years..!! Author: 401RCAF_AceLocation: Deepest, darkest England PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:20 pm
    ----
Remember the Doolittle Raid? That was epic - all the practice everyone did trying to figure out how to take off from a carrier...

We did the Dambusters raid with 6 Group too I think?

And the Sunday chill out flights with Bush and all the guys from CC.

Not to mention the amount of times I would pick up my entire PC and drive over to Jelly's for some late night fun.... JOPS, COD and BF1942 fun, that is!!

#5: Re: 20 years..!! Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 am
    ----
-S-

Ace..!!..How the heck are you doing..!! Long time no see..lol..
Yes, they were the good days...had some great times on the missions.
Liked the Mosquito missions too.

#6: Re: 20 years..!! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:11 pm
    ----
Yup good times indeed, Hammer we have a facebook group for 401RCAF as well as a TS 3 server, pm me your facebook id and I will add you to the group. Pretty much everyone is there.

#7: Re: 20 years..!! Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:05 pm
    ----
-S-

Don't have a facebook account...but glad to hear the boys are still in touch. I have been offline for some time...back again with a new supercomputer and playing "Rising Storm 2-Vietnam" with all the sliders cranked and it looks awesome. Are you guys still flying..? Got IL-2 BOS, and Cliffs of Dover Blitz. Haven't played much of either yet, graphics are out of this world compared to CFS 1..lol..I may pick up a virtual reality headset when the next gen comes out...my 1080 ti ftw video card is plug and play for that card..love dolls should be fun too..!!

#8: Re: 20 years..!! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:45 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Hammer
got a new computer ..a I7-8700K cpu, a monster 1080 FTW video card that is VR and tri-monitor plug and play ready, a 500 gig SSD and quite the step up from my first 455mz cpu, 16 gig video card and a 20 gig 7200 rpm hard drive. That was the CFS 1 rig.

Ya'd still pull ta the left.
*snicker.

Razz

#9: Re: 20 years..!! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm
    ----
Hey Shades how are you doing buddy? It has been a looooong time

-> 401RCAF Public Forum