Fly-In Aircraft Loses Power, Crashes On WPAFB Runway
-> Officer's Club

#1: Fly-In Aircraft Loses Power, Crashes On WPAFB Runway Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:58 am
    ----
Shocked
WPAFB, Ohio -- Officials at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base said a World War I-replica aircraft crashed around 10:15 a.m. Friday on runway 27 on the grounds of the National Museum of the United State Air Force.

Authorities said the pilot suffered injuries and was flown to............read more here

fled

#2: Re: Fly-In Aircraft Loses Power, Crashes On WPAFB Runway Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:33 am
    ----
We've held one of the Com Central Ace's Conventions there and if you want to see a spectacular air museum, plan on visiting that at some point...:wink:

Officials said the plane is a replica of a Nieuport 28
I guess we should be glad it was a replica as there aren't many originals of those around and lucky the pilot is in stable condition.

#3: Re: Fly-In Aircraft Loses Power, Crashes On WPAFB Runway Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:18 am
    ----
That has to be the most horribly written piece of literature I've seen. Any person who's taken basic english knows you don't start the vast majority of youe sentances with "someone said". LOL

Tis a shame though about the plane. It doesn't look like it took too much damage. At least not beyond repair.

-> Officer's Club