AL Post 964 - Lake Zurich, IL - M114 Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AL Post 964 - Lake Zurich, IL - M114 Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:20 am
    ----
Hello,

We’ve posted a gallery of photos of the M114 on display in Lake Zurich, IL at American Legion Post 964. This M114 has what appears to be the RN stamped into the front glacis - something I’ve not seen before. I couldn’t make out the number stamped on the right rear (underneath the lifting hook) that the community has been using as the SN, but I could make out 25 stamped (under the left rear eye.) Possibly the 038 stamped under the RN on the glacis is the SN? Thoughts?.....

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...ch-IL-M114

#2: Re: AL Post 964 - Lake Zurich, IL - M114 Gallery Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm
    ----
It is common for the RN to be stamped into the glacis on M114s. Ours has it. Seen a number of others have it, the ones you have seen may have it covered in paint.

The number under the RN and the numbers on the rear lifting eyes are not the SN. Never seen a M114 that has them match. Only stamping I have seen that matches the SN is inside behind where the dataplate mounts. The other stampings have nothing to do with SN.

The SN on this vehicle is 32 if my calculations are correct

#3: Re: AL Post 964 - Lake Zurich, IL - M114 Gallery Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:45 pm
    ----
Where is this stamping on the glacis?

KL

#4: Re: AL Post 964 - Lake Zurich, IL - M114 Gallery Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:33 am
    ----
Below the drivers side lightguard generally

-> AFV News Discussion Board