New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!!
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:50 pm
    ----
OOOO!!! OOOO!!! Sheer genyus!!!! You'll love it!!!

First, go see this thread here in the Draw and Shoot forum:
com-central.net/index....amp;t=1825

And now follow this carefully: Shocked

Bush, was it....
Early in the mornin, 'bout the break of day?
that's when your baby went away?

Now here's the contest:

1) substitute "my" for "your" in the second boldfaced line above
2) Match the two lines with opening lyrics from a Yardbird's song
3) Name that song here!

The winner gets.....
Razz

.....(drum roll).....

One FREE, and perfectly serviceable, Stoopy-ScentedTM Guitar Pick!!! Seriously!!!! Surprised

I'll announce the winning post as soon as I see the correct answer, and all the winner has to do is PM me the mailing address it should go to! Binga-Bada-Boom - you'll own a piece of...umm.....well you'll have a personal item from a fellow Com-C member, and anyone else can name their own contest with something a) that fits in an envelope and b) is CHEAP......how cool is that!?!?! Cool

Now name that song! Mr. Green

Why wait, enter today! Wink

#2: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:45 pm
    ----
I'm a little lost, nothing new.

"dust my blues"?

#3: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:09 pm
    ----
Nnnnnnnnnnnope!

Nice try tho!

#4: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:33 pm
    ----
"Early in the morning"! Laughing

#5: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:40 pm
    ----
LMAO!!!! Nnnnnnope, that could be about a hundred different tunes!

In the "Did You Know" category: "Early in the mornin'" is commonly used to distinguish blues musicians from other types of musicians, who generaly sleep past noon.

Hint: Wasn't with Beck, like your first guess was.

#6: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: Guest PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:55 pm
    ----
"I whish you would"!!!!

#7: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:57 pm
    ----
that me...

"I wish you would"

#8: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:58 pm
    ----
I Wish You Would

Dang it..ya beat me to it, by 1 minute lol

#9: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:01 pm
    ----
I almost blew it by not being logged in the first time, LOL

You could have said the "Guest reply" was you.......

#10: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:04 pm
    ----
- fr8ycat
that me...

"I wish you would"

DING DING DING!!!!!

Third time must be the charm - we have a WINNER!!!!

Okay, fr8ycat, now it works like this:

- PM me the mailing address you want your prize shipped to- I'll get it in the mail to ya!

- YOU now, as the winner, have the option of continuing the contest! Or, you can choose to pass if you like, and hope someone else steps up to the plate. But, if you choose to pass, you MAY forfeit your prize (it's up to the person that asks the question - motivation thing y'know...).

You need:

1) A Challenge Question - anything will do, any subject, but if in some way related to stuff here the better, and obviously better targeted toward the demographic we have - note that I tied in Bush's missing companion with some music that most folks in our rough generation might know - with a challenge.

Doesn't have to be anything too fancy so don't get a brain cramp over it - have fun!

2) Something you are willing to mail - and is mail-legal, obviously. Live ammo rounds or organic material are....bad.

Just think of it - if this goes as expected, we'll all have something personal in some way from one of the crazy lunatics we fly with and talk to 'round here. A token to remember these days by, if you will (sniff).....all for the price of a stamp, and a laugh!

You're up!

(and..LMAO, that was close!!!! I saw how quick your guess was posted after you logged in, Hitman, pretty fast draw there.....COOL!)

#11: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:31 pm
    ----
OOHH YYEEEAAAHHHH!

Now my setup is complete.

1) Fender "Nashville" Telecaster with the "Tex-Mex" pickups.
1) Fender "Blues Junior" Amp

And 1 Signiture Series "SS" (Stoopy Stank) guitar pick.

The neighbors will be packin their bags and puting the for sale sign up once they get a load of the Stanky music coming from my garage.

Last edited by JG300-fr8ycat on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:50 pm
    ----
OMG How BEAUTIFUL IS THAT!!?!!?

NICE equipment you have there! Very nice! I'll keep it all in the family so to speak and round up a Fender Medium (I got fickle and changed brands lately). Should be pre-stanked on Surf and Blues for ya's...good luck with the next round Mr. Winner!

#13: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:59 am
    ----
I was gone LOL!! I set home all the time for weeks on end. Then when i leave somthing exciting happens Mr. Green good show hope this catches on.

#14: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:03 am
    ----
I sense the awesome forces of "Google" were at work here.... Laughing

#15: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:02 am
    ----
Heheh....I checked just after posting, and actually the solution did not seem easily "Googled" - many, many wild goose chases occured for me. Still, yup anything is possible when the stakes are this high.... nevertheless, credit where credit's due: fr8ycat earned this fabulous prize!

Better be careful or he might whip up a real stinker for his round.....

-> Officer's Club