WWII Airman Found in Glacier
-> Officer's Club

#1: WWII Airman Found in Glacier Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:12 am
    ----
Body found in glacier believed to be WWII airman

www.cnn.com/2005/US/10...index.html

#2: Re: WWII Airman Found in Glacier Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:27 pm
    ----
Wow! That is amazing...

#3: Re: WWII Airman Found in Glacier Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:17 pm
    ----
That is amazing!

Makes me wonder....

I wonder.....if I reinstall CFS3 60 years from now if we'll find that wooden cross on that mountain somewhere in the French Alps where JG300-Ascout went missing in that P38 in a twin engine dogfight......

#4: Re: WWII Airman Found in Glacier Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:51 am
    ----
- Combat
That is amazing!

Makes me wonder....

I wonder.....if I reinstall CFS3 60 years from now if we'll find that wooden cross on that mountain somewhere in the French Alps where JG300-Ascout went missing in that P38 in a twin engine dogfight......

Au contrair, mon ami!...'Ze Ascout, he was pulled from the drifts by four out-of-work filles de nuit avoiding compromising collaboration affiliations with le Bosche by going on extended ski holiday near Tarbes. I was eventually repatriated and lived to fly again after the hostilities, but not before spending a couple of years in their sympathetic company at a chalet high in the Pyrenees working on my "downhill", if'n you know what I mean. Wink

War, eet ees purgatory, no?

Laughing

-> Officer's Club