4.02 problems on P4 machines
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: 4.02 problems on P4 machines Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:01 am
    ----
Now, you all know I don't fly IL2, however, there've been a lot of guys from your neck of the woods back in CFS because the 4.02 patch is causing some lock-up/hesitation grief on some machines.
It seems to be affecting mainly Intel P4 machines.
I found this fix on another site which may help. As I say, I don't fly it so I'm not vouching for it, but the others seem to like it.

QUOTE:
If you have a Pentium 4 based system you may encounter pauses in 4.02. I had them last night. Every 10 seconds or so the game stops for a split second...most times when you are about to shoot...lol.

In the readme of V402 you find the fix which worked for me. I still get pauses, but far more rare now.

From the readme:

If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)"

UNQUOTE
(thx to "Free-Birds.org")

#2: Re: 4.02 problems on P4 machines Author: SS_Harry PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:04 am
    ----
And here's me thinking it's just my pc thats useless.

Thanks for that Shades Smile

#3: Re: 4.02 problems on P4 machines Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:57 am
    ----
lol yw.
(don't think it fixes the P47 / LA7 / carrier landing probs though)
Wink

#4: Re: 4.02 problems on P4 machines Author: _79_kk PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:25 am
    ----
~S~

Tryed it, and it worked good...BUT on some maps, i got a drastic drop in FPS. Before the "fix" = 35 after = 5 Surprised put the orginal file back and im upp to 35 again...strange...lol

#5: Re: 4.02 problems on P4 machines Author: SS_Harry PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:27 am
    ----
(don't think it fixes the P47 / LA7 / carrier landing probs though)

's best not to talk about my carrier landing skills

I just remembered something, I don't have a pentium 4 anymore (celeron of somekind) and i still get pauses .. maybe my pc is useless Sad

#6: Re: 4.02 problems on P4 machines Author: RCAF_Spanky PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:08 pm
    ----
glad im AMD Laughing

#7: Re: 4.02 problems on P4 machines Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:18 pm
    ----
Running a dual core P4 here and get no pauses or hesitation in the game at all.

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters