Old system drivers got you down?
-> Hardware

#1: Old system drivers got you down? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:49 am
    ----
I came across this today in my daily search for new and cool (and FREE, let's not forget FREE(my favorite price ...lol) programs.

Driver Cleaner works very well and especially for those old Vid drivers *ATI fans know what I mean...:wink:*

A quote from the Driver Cleaner Pro web site:
Driver Cleaner Professional Edition is an improved and better version of Driver Cleaner.

Driver Cleaner Professional Editon is a program which helps you to remove parts of drivers that are left after uninstalling the old drivers. The program is for ATI, nVidia, Creative, Realtek, SIS, 3Dfx, S3 and more drivers. First you need to uninstall the drivers from the control panel, then reboot. After rebooting, run the program. If you really want a good description of what steps you should take, then you really need to read the readme file included in the zip file and installation as it contains a detailed step by step description. The program also fully supports windows themes and other kind of themes.

Here is the URL:

www.drivercleaner.net/

#2: Re: Old system drivers got you down? Author: Combat PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:23 am
    ----
Thanks Bushy!

I have an Nvidia GeForceTi4600 and the newest drivers by nvidia really messed some things up. Nav4_disp error causing an infinite loop blue screen of death error when playing COD UO is basically what has happened. I went back to the older drivers after dumping the newer ones and still run into lock ups. My gut feeling is remnants of the last drivers I had are lingering in there somewhere!!!!

This may help!

That infinite loop error that nvidia is having is not only on my machine by the way. Found several forums talking about the problem. Seems Nvidia puts the blame on XP and XP says it's Nvidia. So for now it's not getting fixed.

Good news is Il2+AEP+PF after the patch and with whatever I am running now runs smoother than ever! lol

Thanks again!

#3: Re: Old system drivers got you down? Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:06 am
    ----
Be very careful with that program, though. It's very good, and fairly simple to use, but its is also very dangerous. Make sure you have read and thought through everything you're going to do BEFORE you start.

#4: Re: Old system drivers got you down? Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:57 pm
    ----
Yep sure can be dangerous !

I have Nvidia Mobo and Nvidia Vid card.... guess which drivers I cleaned out Doh !!!

be warned

Sly Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: Old system drivers got you down? Author: Combat PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:08 pm
    ----
OH YIKES! rgr! Will be careful!

#6: Re: Old system drivers got you down? Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:07 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Sly

I have Nvidia Mobo and Nvidia Vid card.... guess which drivers I cleaned out Doh !!!

be warned

Sly Rolling Eyes

That will be 50 push ups Mister!!!!....lol

#7: Re: Old system drivers got you down? Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:11 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Sly

be warned

Sly Rolling Eyes

I did that too the first time I used that program. Even the last time I updated my graphic card drivers, I musta done something wrong, when I thought I had been following the instructions right, yet my computer wouldn't boot in normal mode. Luckily, it did boot in safe mode, and I was able to install the new drivers from there.

#8: Re: Old system drivers got you down? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:31 am
    ----
OUCH Sly!! That sucks! On the bright side, it's gives you the opportunity to install new drivers all around...lol

-> Hardware