Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available...
-> FS2004

#1: Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:15 pm
    ----
...at:
www.hovercontrol.com

about 23MB compressed. I have it, but haven't flown it yet...this bird has been MUCH anticipated and should be a real beaut!

#2: Re: Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:27 pm
    ----
Cool

Muchos Thank you's Ascout !!

fled

#3: Re: Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:07 pm
    ----
Getting it now, thanks for the heads up Ascout!!

#4: Re: Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:43 pm
    ----
It's awesome, you won't be disappointed. Be prepared to read the checklist if you're going to start it up yourself, because it's quite detailed. My first flight was without a functioning artificial horizon just becuase couldn't get the avionics all switched on......but it's a must-have and a gorgeous piece of work.

Oh, maybe not quite as nice as a particular OH-6 Cayuse release that may be pending in the near future, but it's a definite winner even if you have a biased opinion!!!!

#5: Re: Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:41 pm
    ----
I got it and it's absolutely awesome!

As said this isn't your typical hop in and take off for a joyride ride model. Extremely detailed and pushes the envelope for FS Helo's. You have to follow the RW checklist for startup and if you don't you might find yourself trying to fly it and ask "Whats wrong with this thing?" as I did a couple of times after forgeting to turn on the hydraulics and the #2 engine LOL. The old reliable Ctrl-Shift-E to start the engines doesn't work here.

It was definitely well worth the wait.

As for the OH6 it is once again sitting waiting for me to finish the flight characteristics which I have been struggling with and haven't had time to finish since the wife gave me a deadline of Thursday (Thanksgiving) to finish the Hall bathroom. That and having to dig up the old septic tank Rolling Eyes But it will get out there, have to show off those fine paint jobs Wink

Although after Jordans release I look at my poor 6 like computer hardware I buy.............. it was obsolete 6 months ago.

#6: Re: Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available... Author: Guest PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:05 pm
    ----
You have to follow the RW checklist for startup and if you don't you might find yourself trying to fly it and ask "Whats wrong with this thing?" as I did a couple of times after forgeting to turn on the hydraulics and the #2 engine LOL. The old reliable Ctrl-Shift-E to start the engines doesn't work here.

Yup!!! And not only that, I also took a look in the README to see why I couldn't get the generators turned on - looks like you have to start with one of the provided flights in order for that to work. Must be a config setting saved with the flight I guess.

Or, like it says, just start a flight in another RUNNING flying craft of your choice, then switch to this one, and you're off and running. But finally being able to start the thing up with every switch from Step 1 to takeoff was VERY rewarding - took it 'round the patch and landed, shut down, was great.

That fine lil' Egg tho, she's still my fave for scootin' around in, ogling the sunbathing babe on the cruise ship at Ogden Point and bustin' perps... plus, NUTHIN' can touch her at Rotorhead Raceway!!!!

[/quote]

#7: Re: Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:56 pm
    ----
- Anonymous
You have to follow the RW checklist for startup and if you don't you might find yourself trying to fly it and ask "Whats wrong with this thing?" as I did a couple of times after forgeting to turn on the hydraulics and the #2 engine LOL. The old reliable Ctrl-Shift-E to start the engines doesn't work here.

Yup!!! And not only that, I also took a look in the README to see why I couldn't get the generators turned on - looks like you have to start with one of the provided flights in order for that to work. Must be a config setting saved with the flight I guess.

Or, like it says, just start a flight in another RUNNING flying craft of your choice, then switch to this one, and you're off and running. But finally being able to start the thing up with every switch from Step 1 to takeoff was VERY rewarding - took it 'round the patch and landed, shut down, was great.

That fine lil' Egg tho, she's still my fave for scootin' around in, ogling the sunbathing babe on the cruise ship at Ogden Point and bustin' perps... plus, NUTHIN' can touch her at Rotorhead Raceway!!!!

He may think he's a "guest"...but I recognize "Stoopy-speak" when I sees it! Laughing

#8: Re: Jordan Moore's long-awaited 412 is available... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:39 am
    ----
I am, like, sooo busted!!!

Dangfrappin' login button!!!!

-> FS2004