How to tell you're "yesterday's old news"....
-> Officer's Club

#1: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:22 am
    ----
...like when nobody comes to your book signing. Attention Wh**e discovers apathy. Laughing

news.yahoo.com/news?tm...0211261853

#2: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: Combat PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:47 pm
    ----
I enjoyed that Ascout. Thank you!

#3: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:30 pm
    ----
Civic duty...I owe it to society. Laughing

#4: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:34 pm
    ----
To bad, Sad so sad, NOW GO HOME AND SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!! BEECH

#5: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:00 pm
    ----
Well I don't like to smile at anyone's embarrising situation, but enough already!

You want to protest the War, go for it, it's your right. But don't P*@# all over your your sons service and use it as an excuse for your cause (which at this point has become everything under the sun). He obviously felt different or he wouldn't have enlisted, and then re-enlisted (almost 2 years after we went into Iraq).

Too bad she pretty much alienated her entire family to satisfy her need for attention, maybe they would have shown up.

#6: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:04 pm
    ----
- fr8ycat
Well I don't like to smile at anyone's embarrising situation, but enough already!

Well, I do...it's called schadenfreud. I noted that in all the pics of her when surrounded by media while lamenting the loss of her son, she was smiling broadly. I'm sure he would be pleased.

#7: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:19 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- fr8ycat

Well, I do...it's called schadenfreud.

LOL, had to do a search on that one.

schadenfreude \SHAHD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
A malicious satisfaction in the misfortunes of others.

Cant say I feel the "malicious" part but otherwise I agree. Wink

#8: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:56 pm
    ----
- fr8ycat
- JG300-Ascout
- fr8ycat

Well, I do...it's called schadenfreud.

LOL, had to do a search on that one.

schadenfreude \SHAHD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
A malicious satisfaction in the misfortunes of others.

Cant say I feel the "malicious" part but otherwise I agree. Wink

It only became malicious (I prefer the term delicious, myself) when she betrayed the very people who served with her son. Now THAT'S what I call malice.

#9: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:39 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
I noted that in all the pics of her when surrounded by media while lamenting the loss of her son, she was smiling broadly. I'm sure he would be pleased.

Hmmmm. Not hard to imagine at all. Sadly I have a close family member like that. Will do anything, and I mean anything no matter how badly it harms anyone else at all, in the interest of pure self-aggrandizement. It's beyond sad, it's sick to watch because the meaning of "family" and "loyalty" is completely meaningless to this person.

#10: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:49 pm
    ----
Schadenfreud, Part Deux:

(or, "How I was mistreated by the press" Rolling Eyes

Fast Chat: Cindy Sheehan
Dec. 26, 2005 - Jan 2, 2006 issue - Antiwar activist Cindy Sheehan, who lost her son Casey in the war, staked out President George W. Bush at his Crawford, Texas, ranch last August looking for answers about U.S. involvement in Iraq. She spoke with Martha Brant from London, where Sheehan addressed the International Peace Conference and is currently the subject of a one-woman play.

What do you think you achieved in Crawford?

"We brought the war into the forefront of American consciousness and started the discussion that should have started before the war. The mood in our country is turning around."

But the peace movement in the U.S. remains small. Why?

"One thing that has prevented the peace movement in America is the media. I spoke with 5,000 people in North Carolina on March 19, 2005, and the press called the protest "insignificant." They covered the Terri Schiavo case instead."

You feel like you were mistreated by the press?

"They got hold of everything I've ever said and scrutinized it so carefully. They never scrutinized what Bush said. Shocked No one said, "Why did you lie to the American people and say there was WMD?" The press found an easy target in Iraq, and they found an easy target in me."

(Give me a break...they fairly fawned over this a$$biscuit)

What's next for you?

"I'm working on a book about Casey's story. It's about how one person can make a difference."

(Yeah, without that one person dying, I'd have never gotten the attention, airtime, and secondary gains I have, short of having acted out my Munchausen fantasies. And of course, a second book with give me another revenue stream by which I can profit by his death.)

I look forward to more underwhelming book-signings......

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

#11: Re: How to tell you Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:56 pm
    ----
They never scrutinized what Bush said. :shocked:

ROFLMAO....Nope, the President never gets scrutinized ....Geeeezzzz

#12: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:13 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

"We brought the war into the forefront of American consciousness and started the discussion that should have started before the war. The mood in our country is turning around."

So, like, that old dude who's still hangin' around the Filmore waitin' for the Grateful Dead to show up, because he heard that Hendrix and Joplin cancelled, now has the fact that we're at war brought to his attention. What an accomplishment that must be.

#13: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:02 pm
    ----
now has the fact that we're at war brought to his attention. What an accomplishment that must be.

WWWAAAARRRR! Where, When? They went without ME!

AAAHHHH Shucks.

Ya know if I had what she was smokin, snortin, popin or shootin............I would be better able to handle this Christmas..... Eh-Hem, I mean Holiday thingy.

#14: Re: How to tell you're "yesterday's old news".... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:29 pm
    ----
- fr8ycat
now has the fact that we're at war brought to his attention. What an accomplishment that must be.

WWWAAAARRRR! Where, When? They went without ME!

AAAHHHH Shucks.

Ya know if I had what she was smokin, snortin, popin or shootin............I would be better able to handle this Christmas..... Eh-Hem, I mean Holiday thingy.

She gets high on attention, Man. Rolling Eyes

-> Officer's Club