VN ace gets splashed.....
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:36 pm
    ----
Mmmm.......Content filters don't like that from where I am currently, but I'll take your word on it......must be bad, or she wouldn't have an entry on "DeadOrAliveInfo.com".......which, BTW, is a very handy resource for settling arguments with the spouse over whether that dude from that movie with that chick in it, is still alive or not......

www.deadoraliveinfo.co...+Catherine

#17: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:24 pm
    ----
You guys are lucky.
Our politicians in the U.K. are still getting away with this kinda stuff all the time.
Goes on so much we have to just laugh about it now coz we know nobody's gonna lose out but us.
Not even restricted to a particular party. They all do it. In or out of power. Seems to be part of their bonus scheme. That, and the old "Polythene-Bag-and-Orange" party.
Rolling Eyes

#18: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:44 am
    ----
Postscript:

In addition to some $2.4 M he acquired illiegally via abuse of his office, the other legacy Cunningham leaves is an unscheduled special election...estimates right now are that this will cost ~$2M. Thanks, Duke....

#19: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:13 am
    ----
D'OH!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Arnie can make another movie to help offset the cost to his gov't???

#20: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:52 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
D'OH!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Arnie can make another movie to help offset the cost to his gov't???

This isn't a gov't issue, apart from one absent congressman. This is a failure of the personal compass, lack of character and honor, and a betrayal of the public. Not a partisan matter, just a sad, failed individual. He had everything, reputation, legacy, public office....and it just wasn't enough....

I hope he lives long enough to endure a lot of scorn....

#21: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:30 pm
    ----
Aaah! Well in truth I didn't mean to imply any party responsibility or relationship there, but can see now how it sounded, so..OUCH!!!.....it was just funnin', and really meant to point out that California has enough financial difficulties that some creative fundraising (LEGAL) by someone...anyone.......probably would be appreciated....kinda. You see? Obtuse yet meant to be funny. Tough venue for that.

Sounds like sales of the home, boat, rugs and whatnot might pay for lots of it......maybe extracting maximum value via eBay auction! Hey how come he don't have an airplane??????

Wait.... he has stem cells doesn't he???

Save my old state!!!!

#22: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:54 pm
    ----

Wait.... he has stem cells doesn't he???

None I'd care to use in anybody I cared about. Who know's WHAT kind of predispositons might be contained in his cells? Rolling Eyes

Yeah, money is tight in CA right now. An additional TWO elections (primary and principle) are not what we need right now.

The two year term thing is both a curse...and a blessing.

#23: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:49 pm
    ----
Just SOME of the payments accepted by Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, detailed in his plea agreement:

_ $200,000 toward the purchase of his Arlington, Va., condominium.

_ $140,000 to a third party for the "Duke-Stir" yacht, which was moved to his boat slip for his use.

_ $16,867.13 to a marine services company for repairs to his own yacht, the "Kelly C."

_ $12,000 paid to an antique store for three night stands, a leaded glass cabinet, a washstand, a buffet and four armoires.

_ $6,632 paid to a furniture store for a leather sofa and a sleigh- style bed.

_ $7,200 paid to an antique store for a circa 1850 Louis Phillipe period commode and a circa 1830 Restoration period commode.

_ $13,500 toward the purchase of a Rolls-Royce.

_ $17,889.96 for repairs to the Rolls-Royce.

_ $11,393.56 paid to a moving company to ship his belongings from his Arlington condominium to his San Diego-area home.

_ $2,081.30 paid to a Washington, D.C., hotel for his daughter's graduation party.

_ $9,200 paid to a manufacturer for two Laser Shot shooting simulators.

_ $10,000 paid to various hotels, resorts and restaurants for his meals and entertainment expenses.

_ Hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash to him and a company he controlled.

_ Source: Plea agreement filed in U.S. District Court.

#24: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:56 pm
    ----
OK I have quite the disgusting picture. This is a guy that is into boats instead of planes, prefers a broken-down Rolls to a new Mustang GT (for cheaper!) a penchant for interior decorating and also some fetish for crusty old used toilets.

Flush'im!!!

#25: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:45 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
OK I have quite the disgusting picture. This is a guy that is into boats instead of planes, prefers a broken-down Rolls to a new Mustang GT (for cheaper!) a penchant for interior decorating and also some fetish for crusty old used toilets.

Flush'im!!!

On the plus side: "$9,200 paid to a manufacturer for two Laser Shot shooting simulators."

#26: Re: VN ace gets splashed..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:04 pm
    ----
...And in further developments (sure to make some other notables nervous)

Disgraced Congressman 'Wore a Wire'
Sources tell TIME that Duke Cunningham wore a wire after agreeing to cooperate with a graft probe
By TIMOTHY J. BURGER
Posted Friday, Jan. 06, 2006

Washington's power players have always bragged about being well-wired, but for disgraced former congressman Duke Cunningham, "wired" wasn't just a figure of speech. In a week when legislators are focused on the question of who else might be brought down by ex-lobbyist Jack Abramoff’s cooperation with prosecutors as he seeks lenient sentencing over his two federal guilty pleas this week, sources tell TIME that in a separate investigation, ex-Rep. Cunningham wore a wire to help investigators gather evidence against others just before copping his own plea.

Sources familiar with the situation say Cunningham, a California Republican who pleaded guilty Nov. 28 to taking $2.4 million in bribes � including a yacht, a Rolls Royce and a 19th Century Louis-Philippe commode � from a defense contractor, wore a wire at some point during the short interval between the moment he began cooperating with the feds and the announcement of his guilty plea on Nov. 28.

The identity of those with whom the San Diego congressman met while wearing the wire remains unclear, and is the source of furious � and nervous � speculation by congressional Republicans. A Cunningham lawyer, K. Lee Blalack, refused to confirm or deny the story, and wouldn't say whether Cunningham will implicate any other members of Congress. The FBI is believed to be continuing its probe of defense contractors involved in the Cunningham case. An FBI spokesman declined comment. Asked whether Cunningham, an ace Navy fighter pilot decorated for his service in Vietnam, had worn a wire, the spokesman said the response from a higher-up was, "Like I'd tell you."

-> Officer's Club