Zone listens to players petition to save CFS
-> CFS1

#1: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:58 am
    ----
It closes end of January 2006

zone.msn.com/en/genera...otify2.htm

Been here four years and this surprises me not one jot. M$ has never listened to anything it's customers or users had to say in all that time.
Well, been nice flying with youse all.
I'm not going to upgrade or transfer to IL2.
Tried it and it ain't as much fun as CFS1 for me so I'm off to find a life again after Jan'.

¤§¤ CFS1

#2: Re: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:48 pm
    ----
After Micro$uck announced this, I visited Gamespy's CFS1 facility with _SS_MyKill_ and we tried out their facilities as a possible alternative. Have to say that I don't know why I haven't been there before.

The play seems many times smoother than in the Zone. So much so that both Mykill and I noticed the aircraft handling differently. It's also free, although you can pay for other services if you so desire. And, apparently, you can get 32 players into a CFS1 game in Gamespy (although we were prevented from trying this as we were 30 short of target at the time. Laughing ).

Full report in November's EURO "Gazette" (out tomorrow Cool ).

#3: Re: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: SS_Harry PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:23 pm
    ----
Ah but once again with the gamespy client you have the same problems that the zone was faced with... IDIOTS. and hackers.

Unfortunatly, as of yet, gamespy doesn't have moderators for CFS (or many other games) so this could cause BIG BIG problems.

As I posted on the SS forums, you can also play with the config of hyperlobby and make CFS active in it.

So, in conclusion, I still feel there is need for a CFS only site on the net that is heavily moderated and where any abuse or trouble is dealt with swiftly and harshly.

#4: Re: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:35 pm
    ----
Yep, just did a virus check and Norton found 9 adware threats all from Gamespy. I'm uninstalling it and dumping them.
Well, we got 2 months to find somewhere else.

#5: Re: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: SS_Harry PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:50 pm
    ----
Well, we got 2 months to find somewhere else.

I'm working on it.

Last edited by SS_Harry on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: RCAF_Spanky PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:20 pm
    ----
hello Shades long time no see im flying Il-2 a little but getting sucked in to FS 2004 good people fun...but no shooting is down side i miss old days

#7: Re: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:09 pm
    ----
Too bad to hear , CFS was a big part of my time from it's release date in 98 . I have made alot of friend's there so i hate to see it go. Even though i grounded my plane a few years ago ... pain's me to think i wont have atleast the option to sign in every now and then ... Dunno what you got till it's gone i guess. If you fellas find a comperable sub , Please post it ... always like to know there is a hanger for me to have my old plane ready to roll. Been a please flying with you all ... Hope to have a place to continue if the situation ever call's for it in the near future.

If you old grounded pilot's ever feel like pounding the ground with a trusty bolt action rifle and a handful of grenades ... Look us up in the SoS Call of Duty-UO and Call of Duty 2 server's. IP's are located @ www.sosquad.com

#8: Re: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: ViperBiter PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:19 pm
    ----
wow... sucks to know that cfs won't even be there even tho I hung up my pilots wings a few years ago. Just sucks knowing I won't be able to just log on to see whats going on. Well to allt he piltos who I flew with S~ it was fun. See ya around

#9: Re: Zone listens to players petition to save CFS Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:03 am
    ----
We need to get the date / time for the last day so we can make a final showing and pay our respects.

EURO will be there.

Hiya Spanky y'ole sob! ltns. No shooting huh? Must remind u of ur time in CFS1 (heheheh). U gotta come n say Hi to yer ole dinosaur buds while u still got the chance! Cool

-> CFS1