CFS2 ZONE War Room
-> CFS2

#1: CFS2 ZONE War Room Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:21 pm
    ----
~S~ All
This is the thread where all discussion's, idea's, and information about the closeing of the CFS2 Zone will take place.

zone.msn.com/en/genera...otify2.htm

I encourage all to participate in this endeavor. I will be posting links to what alternatives we find below.

I asked that all who fly the Zone to get the word out. If we are to continue to fly this sim online with any measure of success and with as many of our friends as possible we will need to get the CFS1 & CFS2 communities together in a single meeting place, or at lest as few as possible. The best place for this is right here at Com-Central.
Get the word out to as many of the squadrons, and individuals as possible and bring them here. Only in this way will we be able to keep the community together.
As far as alternatives to the Zone, what we have found so far are a couple of multiplayer/IP sites.
Hyper Lobby is another alternative, but they have to be convinced that the two communities will be worth putting CFS1, and CFS2 up on their site.
In closeing, get the word out and post ovr at the Hyper Lobby forums, and feel free to post any idea's or comments you have.
~S~

CFS IP is where u go to find IP games for CFS1 & 2.
www.cfsipgames.com/phpBB/index.php

TradeIP.com (FlightBoard Network) has flight boards for FS98, thru FS2004, and CFS1. These flight boards allow u to join IP or create IP games.
www.tradeip.com/sites/tradeip/

Hyperfighter maybe the place we can go, however, CFS2 was taken off from the site a while ago, but there is a chance CFS1 and CFS2 might be re-opened again IF enough people post! read all the info and post at:
hyperfighter.sk/module...amp;t=1081

Last edited by NS38th_Aristaeus on Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:39 am; edited 3 times in total

#2: Re: CFS2 ZONE War Room Author: FAe_Pads PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:31 pm
    ----
~S~ NS38th!

Pads here (ex of C15) - good to see you chaps are still around!

I was just dropping in to suggest that people use that thread I started over at Hyperlobby as a kind of lobbying (appropriate word use! Wink tool to see if Jiri can be persuaded to bring back support for CFS. However, I see that you've already suggested it! Wink

I'm firmly ensconced in the IL-2/FB/PF environment now, but it seems a great shame that CFS1 & 2 should fade away as an online presence.

Many is the happy (sleepless!) hour I spent in these games - good luck in your quest!

Toodle-pip,

Pads

#3: Re: CFS2 ZONE War Room Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:32 pm
    ----
- SS_Harry
Two places come to mind where people can go.

1. Not ideal but free (albeit with lots of ads) is gamespy arcade which involves downloading a client program which then detects most games on your drive and allows you to play them online.

2. Hyperlobby is the next best choice BUT involves some changing of the cfg file to make CFS1 & 2 accessable.

Or there's the option of a completely new site just for the CFS series, which is something i've been putting together ideas for for the last few months.

#4: Re: CFS2 ZONE War Room Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:37 am
    ----
~S~ PADS
Good to hear fm you. I sure miss those dogfights between C15, NS38th, and RAAF453, allot of good virtual combat.
Besides SOD, and AER, NS is about the only full time squad left on the Zone and we held true to our word, MS would have to run us off. LOL
Hopefully we can get into hyperlobby and u guys can stop by.
~S~

#5: Re: CFS2 ZONE War Room Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:37 pm
    ----
Hey Harry, you gonna spill the beans about what you're up to?

#6: Re: CFS2 ZONE War Room Author: FAe_Pads PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:47 pm
    ----
~S~

I remember that big scrap over those three islands for sure - there must have been upwards of 30 aircraft in the air, looked like a swarm of angry bees... Wink

Nowadays you'll find most of what was the European contingent of C15 flying as FAe in FB/PF in Hyperlobby - Shark, Goofy and myself and some new friends, too - the European wing of a US-based FB/PF squad: Fallen Angels. Quite a few of the US-based C15 members have joined the North American wing as well - you may remember Snippy and Duck, to name but a few.

If you ever make the switch (and I heartily recommend it - with what I remember about how NS38th used to fly CFS2, I think it would be right up your street), look for us in the Fallen Angels or Warclouds Western Front drtbrtd (lol - I accidentally moved along one key on my keyboard! Should be 'servers') on Hyperlobby - we fly red (Allied) and can always use a good wingman (or new opponents ;))!

I would be happy to help you get up and running in the new game. Drop me a line at the FA forums: www.palomo.dyndns.org/.../index.php

~S~

Pads

#7: Re: CFS2 ZONE War Room Author: FAe_Pads PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:52 pm
    ----
~S~

Good news - Hyperlobby already supports both CFS1 & 2 (I'd already been told this by Jiri Hyperlobby in my original request for information but it didn't sink in - doh!).

Special thanks to NS38th_Black for making it clear to a technical dumbo... See here for details: hyperfighter.sk/module...=5809#5809

A simple edit to the hlpro.ini file is all that is required:

[Combat Flight Simulator]
Disable=0
Order=8

[Combat Flight Simulator 2]
Disable=0
Order=9

It works, too! Even though I don't fly CFS1 or 2 anymore, I feel oddly pleased by this. Get in there and have some fun, gents!

I might even re-install the games and re-live my misspent youth wih you ! Wink

~S~

Pads

#8: Re: CFS2 ZONE War Room Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:04 pm
    ----
~S~ All
I would like to thank everyone who has dedicated their time working on this and posting their result's and idea's here.
I believe that the dedicated virtual pilot's of CFS1 and CFS2 will find a nice hanger to park their fav aircraft once MS has closed the base. lol

One last thing, I would like to make sure that the person responsible for the great info with regards to allowing CFS1 and 2 simers the ability to activate Hyper Lobby is none other then our C.O. NS38th_Nil_7.
We are truly blessed by the god's we have him in our squad LOL.
NS38th_Black1 and myself are only the messengers.
Thank you all and ~S~.
Let's keep the midnight oil burning.

-> CFS2