Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter?
-> Officer's Club

#1: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:15 pm
    ----
The CC staff has been tinkering with a newsletter and I think we're about ready to get started. My question(s) are...

Anyone interested in this idea and how long should the interval be between sendings?

Keep in mind this option is configurable in your Profile settings, so you won't get it unless you want it. Plus, we'll put up a "Quick" subscribe or "Quick" unsubscribe button to make it easy.

The newsletters will include some initial comments, the latest CC news, the newest downloads, the newest Web Links (a new feature coming next week that will allow members to post up links to other web sites in predefined categories), coming events and the latest pictures from the Photo Gallery.

You can vote on the poll, voice your opinions here, or do both...

#2: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:59 pm
    ----
I think the newsletter would be a good idea. Even though I read the board on a regular basis, I don't read all of it.

I hardly bother with the download section and quite often miss the latest additions to FS2004 etc.

The newsletter may encourage absent members to come visit.

#3: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:04 pm
    ----
Oh Gawd! Pleassssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee no more newsletters. I get them from everywhere. I even get them from people who send me xmas cards with rubbish about families I neither know, nor care about.
"JUST SAY NO"

(btw, can we have a "no" option in the poll?)
Cool

#4: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:41 pm
    ----
ROFL Shades...

Well, we will have a NOIDON'TWANTANYSTINKINGNEWSLETTERSOI'MNOTSIGNINGUP option..LOL

I do get a few newsletters from other sim sites, but if I think they're spamming me....POOF...:D But I must admit I do like getting the latest news and downloads in me mail box..:wink:

#5: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:30 pm
    ----
Wink

#6: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:01 am
    ----
Newsletter would be nice if I managed to miss something important...I voted once a month.

#7: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:50 pm
    ----
Man YES Bush!

!S! M8-eeeeeeee's!

I hope to have more time to fly with some old friends (and my squad) starting in January... just finished up ground school - Medical, next FAA written and joining wings flying club in south bend indiana to start flying lessons next - yeee haw!

Miss all you Ole Goats (sorry Bush, I meant sheep)....

slow

#8: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: Woolmer PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:05 pm
    ----
My brother and I have a constant arguement. He thinks the the JAS Gripen is said Grip-en.
I say Gripe-n. Ya know Grip and Gripe... Anyone wanna help us stop this once and for all?

#9: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 am
    ----
I believe the name is Swedish for Griffin, which has a soft "i" sound, so I would say "Grrip-En".

And welcome, by the way

#10: Re: Anyone interested in a Com Central Newsletter? Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:32 pm
    ----
Welcome , yes, although I usually read the CC-news in the various fora.
Once a month will do, I guess. Enough time to gather the news and gossip.

-> Officer's Club