Helo BETA Tester?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:38 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
OK duplicated your problem and your messed up file is for the King Air, which I don't think you fly much eh? Eliminating it gets rid of all my toggle switches savethe one that you do have, so that's it.

I can't quite duplicate the slow RPM gauge issue but got an update from fr8ycat that may explain it. In progress!

So....could you might, maybe send me the necessary KingAir files and tell me where to.....add them? I'd be ever so grateful! (and no, I don't fly that one. I musta' hammered it with some other overwriting addon in the gauge folder).

THAT'S why I like YOUR autoinstallers!

#17: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:14 am
    ----
Better yet how 'bout an updated autoinstaller? In the works, just gotta confirm a few things......will send ya a quick ZIP anyways, but it'll be harder to tell if the updated install also fixes this stuff.

#18: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:00 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Better yet how 'bout an updated autoinstaller? In the works, just gotta confirm a few things......will send ya a quick ZIP anyways, but it'll be harder to tell if the updated install also fixes this stuff.

OKAY, then. You da' Man! (whatever ya' wanna' do)

#19: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:11 am
    ----
So...I unzipped the gauge file you sent per two posts back...it installed all the toggle switches, but the gauge in question functions the same as before. That is, with fuel valve on, it stays at 100% regardless of throttle/collective (even at "idle"). It only drops if you cut the valve.

I checked my 206 and it is as it was before. Also, the Kingair looks complete now. Only diff is I now have all the toggles.

Helpful?

#20: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:59 am
    ----
Glad to hear you got your switches back.

I have tried out my throttle and when turned down to idle my RRPM gauge does drop and vice versa when throttle up. Even using the governor RPM INC/DEC switch on the collective the RRPM Gauge adjusts accordingly.

So I'm not sure if maybe an issue with your RRPM gauge. The one used is the stock Bell_206b_rotor gauge.

#21: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:05 am
    ----
Hi fella's!

I would like to suggest the following as otherwise you'll keep at it for ever.

With FS Panel Studio you can generate a list of all instruments included in the panel.

make shure that you get all the gauge files you've used for the panel from your machine and make a gauges folder with all the gauges you used, then with Power Archiver or other proggy make a gauges.cab file of it and insert it in the panel folder.
advantage all the gauges are with the install, nobody has to go look for anything and all should work as intended.

happy tinkering Wink

fled

#22: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:08 pm
    ----

Screen shot of what I beleive is all three switches and the compass selected from the panel button.

My FS9 is a minimal install, very few of the aircraft I had installed have been re-installed after a hard drive crash.

#23: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:55 pm
    ----
Yep, Kit, you have all the switches but there;s a blank spot that should be filled with an artificial horizon. Udpated install coming (with default path correction)!

Fled - Have to say that's a VERY superior idea you have there, Fled, thank you. It looks like in Ascout's case, something at least in the King Air gauge file got taco'ed and I've had way too many personal experiences with some download wanting to "update" one of my pre-existing gauges - I always say "No" because the ones I have work fine for me, and my feeling is if some new bird needs a different gauge it shoud be self-contained or fully unique. Will keep digging with him on his Bell RRPM gauge - need to look at some file dates for his stuff, will follow up on that seperately.

I'll take it up the Gauge CAB file and folder placement with the Head Loach (fr8ycat) for his approval of course, but will get the basics done just for my own edification and satisfaction. Sounds straightforward enough and Ivee seen that most (GOOD) freeware planes do exactly as you say but hadn't thought about it, since up until yesterday the gauge requirement hadn't come up.

This is all very good stuff and there has been MUCH very useful (and complimentary) feedback from jo_wingnut, Ascout, and Kitform in PM's...THANK YOU and the whole Com-C family.

Going to get in a huddle with fr8ycat and we'll be back after looking over the punchlist.

We'll get a screenie of the full panel up shortly - didn't get one up last night becuase I ran out of time and I don't have one with me at the moment now....

#24: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:48 pm
    ----
Picture is worth a paragraph of babble Dept.:

(HEY!...Kit has one more switch than I do...but he ain't go no artificial horizon....nyaahh-nyaah!)

This is my panel, at idle, after installing a gauge pack Stoopy sent me. I think prior to this, the only diff was I only had a fuel valve toggle on the bottom.

It's entirely possible what I'm seeing is a booger in my gauge files that pre-dates Richard's aircraft and may have nothing to do with it. I don't know...thats-a why we do-a da testing! (Stoopy spooked me once about my "Eagle's Nest" scenery but he had a corrupt FS9 file).

If we didn't have such a mature bunch o' folks over here, we probably wouldn't be broadcasting "in the clear", but PM's and email can be slow. Plus, you get "outside input" like Fled's that we otherwise would miss out on.

CC is definitely my flight sim home for a reason!

(How is this incident going to affect my cookie award?)

#25: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:25 pm
    ----
You're probably still good to go on the cookies there bro - one subtlety is that the additional toggle switch (for Taxi light I believe) will only show in the Law Enforcement versions....Pomona PD and CHP. Won't show on TableRock or Freelance Air becuase fr8ycat cunningly set it up to work the...spotlight, which the "plainclothes" versions don't have! Ta-daaa!......

#26: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:34 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
You're probably still good to go on the cookies there bro - one subtlety is that the additional toggle switch (for Taxi light I believe) will only show in the Law Enforcement versions....Pomona PD and CHP. Won't show on TableRock or Freelance Air becuase fr8ycat cunningly set it up to work the...spotlight, which the "plainclothes" versions don't have! Ta-daaa!......

Aha! That's the "freelance" version pictured. Wink

#27: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:39 pm
    ----
Ahhh! Should have guessed you'd be flying the "undercover" version! Smile

#28: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:49 pm
    ----
OK, A heads up on whats going on and fixes. I would also like to thank those that are testing for your suggestions and help. Fled...thanks for the input. If your experienced with FSpanel studio I might have a couple questions for ya Smile

OK there are 2 gauge files that are non standard that were used. If you dont have them then these 2 will be missing from your panel.

1. P38 Master switch
2. T38 ADI (Kits missing gauge between Airspeed & altimeter)

They will be included in the installer. All other guages used are stock FS9 gauges most of witch are from the Bell_206b. Ascouts prob. at the moment seems to be an isolated one which Stoop and myself will help him get figured out. You got switches now Ascout, what else do ya want LOL.

Fixes that were caught by various testers (thanks guys) so far and completed.

Mainrotor blur inside VC
popup Compass resized and positioned
GPS switch added (thought I had done that originally, good catch)

#29: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:08 pm
    ----
- fr8ycat
You got switches now Ascout, what else do ya want LOL.

Well, a wet-bar in the civvie versions and a donut box for the police versions would be nice!

#30: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
    ----
fr8ycat,

I'll gladly help you out no prob, at the moment tinkering me head off to get the fs puter back up and running as I had a fry up here, hope to have it airborne before the new year arrives ...............;)

fled

-> FS2004