Lag Problem
-> Call Of Duty

#1: Lag Problem Author: JG2006 PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:06 pm
    ----
Hey, i was sent by shades>?
Anyway, have a bit of a lag problem when playing COD2, when im playing i have no lag at all but other players say i lag really bad but on my screen i am not lagging, but then when i see my self on kill cam i am lagging really badly, does anyone know why?

I have 1mbit broadband and my pc spec is as follows:

AMD athlon xp 2500+
512mb Ram
Geforce 6800 LE with 16 unlocked pipelines and 6 verts (i think) overclocked to 375mhz/810mhz
Onboard sound dvd drive.. the usual.

Thanks in advance.

#2: Re: Lag Problem Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:20 am
    ----
I presume you are on an asymetrical connection...

You don't see lag because your receiving data from other players OK

But they see you lagging because you aren't sending your data fast enough.

I would suggest you check your broadband connection at PCpitstop just to see what your upload speed is.

www.pcpitstop.com

#3: Re: Lag Problem Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:45 pm
    ----
Great suggestion Kit... That's a great place to test your puter...:D

Welcome to Com Central JG2006.

Something else to think about. Make sure all programs not needed are shut off. This is especially true if you have a bunch of protection utilities running like Anti-virus, Anti-bot, Anti-trogen...etc. When there programs are running, they scan all incoming and outgoing packets of info, which is their job, but if you have all of them running, well, it's easy to see how they could effect 'signal'... Wink

#4: Re: Lag Problem Author: JG2006 PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:11 pm
    ----
Well it says its 241kilobits, thats about right isnt it ? or is that crappy ? although my sister is probably on the laptop downstairs Sad ill check it again when shes buggered off.

#5: Re: Lag Problem Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:22 pm
    ----
Hmmm, in my opinion it would be unusual o have an upload rate of 240Kb/s on a 1 meg connection.

Pcpitstop will display both upload and download speeds.

Your sharing your internet connection? Are other people on the internet when you a playing CoD2?

Do you always 'lag' or only sometimes?

#6: Re: Lag Problem Author: JG2006 PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:26 pm
    ----
well only my sister, she always has to go on webcam cos shes pretty sad in my opinion lol, either that or shes on msn, apparently i lag all the time, ill try it with her not on internet and then see

#7: Re: Lag Problem Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:20 am
    ----
You wouldnt by chance br on the wireless end of your router would ya ? Wireless gaming = lag . If you are , Go straight hardline and that should cure the issue , If you are on a hardline - Make sure your shared connection , adware/spyware , and virus checker's are off and other program's like Messanger and Xfire are either off or at least no set to auto-update ( xfire is the worst). Also there are a few command's you may want to try to increase your Ram useage and FPS ingame.

To use these command's type the following in your consol . ( Pull down with your ~ key either in game or your menu )

Up the amount of Ram : /seta com_hunkmeg "no more than 60% of your RAM amount"

Show FPS : /cg_drawFPS 1

Max FPS command : /seta com_maxfps "0" limits your fps (frames per second) on (1) or off (0) to have unlimited

#8: Re: Lag Problem Author: JG2006 PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:27 am
    ----
i am on the hardline end, i installed those cod2 tweaks and ran them, but should i still unlimit my FPS?

#9: Re: Lag Problem Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:04 am
    ----
yup , unlimit them to have free range.

#10: Re: Lag Problem Author: KaoticOne PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:41 pm
    ----
Snow you should link him to that post Rattler made about that graphics config file. Worked well for me.

#11: Re: Lag Problem Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:00 pm
    ----
already made that post a sticky .

-> Call Of Duty