Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:40 pm
    ----
Thanks for the feedback guys.

For comparison, I get this - my searchlight shows, but I see what you mean about the NAV lights - they seem to get brighter the farther away you get - certainly compared to the Bell. Funny thing is they look fine up close huh? Which is the perspective I usually have for checking paint.....

Lane County, all off....

Lane County, all lights on...check! (I used CTRL-SHIFT-arrow keys to move the spotlight to the side a bit)

Gainsville all on....

CHP from Highskid release, same-same.....

Nav lights: Stock Bell 206, zoomed out:

Nav lights: Loach, zoomed out:

#17: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:57 pm
    ----
Thanks for the replies guys. The nav lights are modeled in FSDS so that they are visible in MP. Unfortunately as seen in Stoopy's post the farther away you are the brighter/bigger they become. I have tried but can not get them any other way than they are.

Look at it as a special Fr8ycat/Hughes safety feature. Brighter Navs mean less of a chance of a midair at night with your wingman/trail/lead, and we know how scary that can be. Wink

As for the search light I tried that and dont seem to have any probs. on my end. Are you maybe refering to a Beam effect like that visible in the fog?

Otherwise she's good to go!

#18: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm
    ----
I thought the NAV lights were that way 'cuz of the Mil-Spec electrical system....

Hey fr8ycat....did you ask Kit yet?? Wink

#19: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:50 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Hey fr8ycat....did you ask Kit yet?? Wink

Wink

#20: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:13 pm
    ----
Get it while it's HOT!! Now in the download section, get it HERE!

#21: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:34 pm
    ----
Hot Durn Patooty!!! Thanks Bushy!!!

#22: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:14 am
    ----
Well, I'll be.....this thing actually looks like it works, fr8ycat! Nicely done!

Ummmm.......whadda we gonna do if someone asks for a wheeled version now???

#23: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:30 am
    ----
Personnally I would say, if you want one with wheels, then make one your self. Skids and floats work for me. If you want to move it, start the engine and fly the darned thing. With moving rotors, who needs wheels. There are scenery available that has wheeled trailers to land on that will move the helo anywhere you need it to go. If it needs to go long distances, then either fly there or put it on a semi-truck.

#24: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:45 am
    ----
- jo_wingnut
Personnally I would say, if you want one with wheels, then make one your self. Skids and floats work for me. If you want to move it, start the engine and fly the darned thing. With moving rotors, who needs wheels. There are scenery available that has wheeled trailers to land on that will move the helo anywhere you need it to go. If it needs to go long distances, then either fly there or put it on a semi-truck.

Yeah, what he said. And being put "on the trailer" is a bad thing, where I come from... Laughing

#25: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:15 am
    ----
Hmmm!!! Speaking of which.....as much as I like that paint job I'm sure lookin' forward to puttin that AS350 on the trailer!! Wink

#26: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:20 pm
    ----
Looks awesome Stoopy.

And I'm thinkin when all's said and done (The floats ver. will be the last mass produced "6") there will be a special limited addition "Rat Fink" drag strip version with some monster slicks on the rear!

No need to worry bout a wheelie bars, the tails already there.

#27: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:36 am
    ----
- fr8ycat
Looks awesome Stoopy.

And I'm thinkin when all's said and done (The floats ver. will be the last mass produced "6") there will be a special limited addition "Rat Fink" drag strip version with some monster slicks on the rear!

No need to worry bout a wheelie bars, the tails already there.

I did a mock-up in Paint Shop Pro last night and it was too silly-lookin' to post......in other words it was perfect!!!

#28: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:24 pm
    ----
A nice collection shot by Stoopy showing all currently available and the soon to be released floats version.

#29: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:52 am
    ----
FLASH! "Fr8ycat" gets plugged in France! (I kinda' neglected to mention the excellent repainter he picked up for peanuts, or strawberries, but if they read the readme, they'll get it. Besides, they know all about Stoopy in France anyway...I'm always hearing about him from the filles du nuit wherever I go there...)

www.francesim.com/foru...C_ID=62200

#30: Re: Fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse Lowskids...ready to rock n'roll!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:31 pm
    ----
Link seems to be no bueno, but I found it after a little lookin round. Makes me wish I took French back in high school Smile

Well there goes the advertising budget. Since you are a world traveler you accept Pesos right Ascout?

-> FS2004